Disable Bones

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Disable Bones

Post by rylleman »

When working with complex rigs I often have a lot of bones never meant to be animated, or bones that controls secondary movement that I'm going to animate later on and I often accidently move these or sometimes they are positioned on top of other bones making it hard to animate those.

A tool to enable/disable bones in a rig would be a great help.

Disabled bones could be light grey and unselectable in the working area and you can click on bones with the enble tool to enable/disable them.

You could take it one step further and allow enable/disable of different channels of the bone, to allow only rotate of one bone and translate/scale of another.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Have you tried the 'Hide controlled bones' feature?
It is in the bones tab. You see all your bones in setup but after frame zero any bones that are controlled are hidden.... But then you probably guessed that from the title.:wink:
I find it very useful on complex riggs.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Yes, I use that sometimes but that's not what I'm after.
I want a tool that gives me more options, letting me hide/show whichever bone I choose, controlled or not.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, I'd be glad to see something like this, meantime I ask time ago for a separated menu comand like "Hide Controled Bones" but for dinamics bones, or "Hide Dinamics Bones", cause bones with Dinamics Activated can be animated like others and sometimes I'd want this can be showed although Controled bones be hiden... I think that it'll be nice... XAO!
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Yes. I agree, more options!