Animation Contest where the judge is the PEOPLE.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

richardgordon58

Animation Contest where the judge is the PEOPLE.

Post by richardgordon58 »

Dear Animators!

We invite you to participate in our Weekly Animation Dance Competition (rewards $10,000 to $1,000,000).

For more information, visit us at http://www.adasport.com.

See you there! :wink:

Best Regards,
ADA Team
(Animation Dance Association)
"We see things not as they are but as who we are."
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh my GOD this is hysterical.

I can't tell if it's "for real" or not. You must read the "About ADA" page. And yes I must agree that corporations have exploited animators with nothing but a pittance in return! ;)

Must come up with a good team name and logo...

p.s. My favorite part is:
GOAL No. 2 - overtaking NBA, NHL, Formula 1, MLB, NFL, FIFA in profits.
-vern
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Also can't tell if its for real or not...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think the concept is to "create" viral videos and leverage that to "make money" through advertising. The key to their "goals" is getting VIEWERS, eyeballs on the site. That's what makes a site a success... huge numbers of hits. I like this idea. It looks like fun and doesn't require a "ton of work" to participate. 30-60 seconds of "dancing" characters? That's like animation "practice". ;) If you want to learn to be an animator do one of those every week. ;)

If the actual prizes are for real... holy cow. I think these guys are a "start up" web business. They got some money to "throw around" and are trying to drum up content. The best way to get content is offer money for it!

-vern
Animark

Post by Animark »

Yes, sounds interesting and funny to do. But from where can I take the music I want to use? Did anyone knows something about copyrights at this contest. I didn't find anything on their website.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh yes. They talked about copyrights and music. If you read the contest rules. They have a pile of music you can use on their website and also links to websites with royalty free music.

-vern
Animark

Post by Animark »

Uuups,

but thanks, now I've found it.