First scene of a new film

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

First scene of a new film

Post by slowtiger »

It's done in TVP, not AS, although I will later use AS for all the panning stuff. Just to show what I'm working at right now.

http://www.enigmation.de

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Looks awesome ;) May I guess at the premise? Guy sees a wall and wants to get over it? I like the simple stories.

Looks great and I look forward to seeing more. Congrats on getting ur other film picked up for distribution btw.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I should have mentioned that there's one scene online already.

http://www.enigmation.de/wall4.html
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I liked it, its visually very nice and got great animation.
Good job.
tonym

Post by tonym »

Awesome.
Mikdog wrote:May I guess at the premise? Guy sees a wall and wants to get over it? I like the simple stories.
My guess: The cartoon guy believes that paradise lies on the other side of the wall.

Unable to kick over the wall, the guy retrieves a stick of TNT to blow a hole in the wall.

He lights the fuse and..................BOOM!

As the smoke clears, the guy learns the horrid truth: the wall is actually the outer perimeter of a containment habitat for gigantic alligators.

The gigantic alligators eat the guy and then chase down and devour everyone in his town who wasn't on vacation at the time. The end.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hey, that's not a half-bad idea. I think it was you tonym who said the Warner Bros cartoons are all about a character WANTING something but never quite getting it...if it wasn't you, then someone else said it in another forum. I really liked that. I guess you're right, for a lot of them. Bugs Bunny though doesn't want much, really. But the others do. That's what I get the impressions from your film slowtiger, that this dude wants to get over the wall and he tries and he tries but when he does, there's just nothing on the other side, and he wants to get back. In other words, he climbs the wall because its there.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Very nice style. My wife and me are both enjoying it very much. We like the natural look of the background and the movement of the little peanut headed guy is very nice.

Did you create the background using TVP's brushes, by the way?

Udd
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It's a mix of all available tools. Sky and ground were done on different sheets of paper with watercolor. Scanned in and processed in Photoshop (BTW it's so easy to do just some generic colour gradient on paper, then totally change those colours in PS and use the same piece of watercolour for sky, gras, rock ...). The wall's outlines I did in TVP, then coloured it in PS. The animation was done in TVP.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

hey slow,

I was just curious if you're still working on this piece of animation?

When I saw this post I was instantly captivated by the art direction that you chose, and am extremely curious about what is in store for the little guy and his wall.

Are you going to finish it????

pleeeeeeaaaase

AND i was curious to know if there is anywhere online where I can view the short film you made with the three characters in the rain? It also captivated me when I saw the still for it.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

*bows* Thank you very much for your kind words.

The "Wall" film is finished and confirmed to be in competition in Going Underground from September 9th to 15th. See here: http://www.goingunderground.de/ for more info. The film will be shown on TV screens in the Berlin subway wagons, and the audience is asked to vote for it on the website.

The other one, "Paraplü", is in this competition as well, in a special 90 sec edition. The "long" 2,5 min version already is in distribution by Interfilm (http://www.interfilm.de/v-aktuelles.php, but not listed yet.) You have a good chance to see it at a festival near your place, maybe, because I send it around much. Because it's sold I can't put it online, however, but there are chances that it gets picked up by TV stations or put on DVD within the next 5 years.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I really like your design and animation. I hope to see Paraplu sometime. I'm still using Mirage a little (not got around to upgrading to TVPaint and don't think I can now anyway) but you're certainly putting it to good use.

Great stuff
:D
yojimbo

Post by yojimbo »

The "Wall" film is finished and confirmed to be in competition in Going Underground from September 9th to 15th. See here: http://www.goingunderground.de/ for more info. The film will be shown on TV screens in the Berlin subway wagons, and the audience is asked to vote for it on the website."
the animation is superb - even before looking at the rest of the posts and the competition it is going to be entered in, the wall in the animation made me think of the section that remains at the East Side Gallery - I'm guessing it is supposed to represent the actual "Wall?"