import swf files into Anime Studio?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AniPierre

import swf files into Anime Studio?

Post by AniPierre »

I've been playing around with Flip Boom, which is available on Toon Boom's website. This fills a nice gap for me as I find Anime Studio's drawing tools somewhat difficult to use and Flip Boom facilitates hand drawn, frame by frame animation which is difficult to do in Anime Studio.

Even better, the animation in Flip Boom is in vector format. Therefore, Flip Boom can export your animation as an SWF file.

I was wondering if there's any way to import this work into Anime Studio for further development.

Is this possible, or am I just missing the obvious?

Pierre
Ttomak

Post by Ttomak »

You can import AVI and MOV, but not SWF (you can see the import options in the comparison chart in the manual)
n.hurst

Post by n.hurst »

I guess if you have Flash, you could import the SWF into the Flash timeline, and then export it as a MOV. For more flexibility, you could do this selectively, for separate characters, etc., using an alpha'ed codec.

Then you can import those MOVs into Anime Studio, and re-composite, adding effects, depth, panning and native AS elements.

If you don't have Flash, I'm pretty sure past forum posts describe various SWF2AVI tools to achieve something similar.

Cheers, Nick.
cartoonmonkey

Post by cartoonmonkey »

You can export an illustrator sequence out of flash.. and import those frames into AS..

The new V6 handles it much much better as well!
C
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I don't know Flip Boom, but if it can IMPORT swf files, you might think about it the other way around -- exporting swf files from AS and using them in Flip Boom. I've done something similar in the past with AS and Flash.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?