Girl on a bike

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

smileypete

Girl on a bike

Post by smileypete »

Hi, here's a 10 second clip of my first attempt in Anime Studio 6

let me know what you think, suggestions comments welcome...

and before anyone makes the comment, yep, there's no pedals, they're still to come, but i made a few critical errors in setting up my bones, that means ill be doing most of the scene again for my real project. This was more of a proof of concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2lUd5OAp8

oh, and does anyone know why my youtube vid is so chunky? do they have a resolution setting or something? i just uploaded it via the normal youtube way, but it certainly looks a lot clearer in quicktime...

anywho, peace out all!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I liked it. Apart from the lack of pedals, the thing that was most lacking for me was some movement on the skirt. Nice style.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Kankuran

Re: Girl on a bike

Post by Kankuran »

smileypete wrote: oh, and does anyone know why my youtube vid is so chunky? do they have a resolution setting or something? i just uploaded it via the normal youtube way, but it certainly looks a lot clearer in quicktime...

anywho, peace out all!
Nice work!

It might depend if you have exported it in a specific format from whatever program you exported it from. Youtube have a problem with some formats.
The formats that work best are H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4.

Also the pixel size of the film should be correct, 1280 x 720 (16x9 HD) and 640 x 480(4:3)
smileypete

Post by smileypete »

hey, thanks for the replies, and encouragement,

i'm finding that making clothing move with realism is probably the most difficult part of animation, the hair also is painful. I've just been taking a vector object, throwing some bones on it and stretching it around, does anyone use any other means?

my aim is to go youtubing and find some examples of what im looking to animate, frame by frame freeze it so i can try to replicate it in my animations.

this is a start no less
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

smileypete wrote:hey, thanks for the replies, and encouragement,

i'm finding that making clothing move with realism is probably the most difficult part of animation, the hair also is painful. I've just been taking a vector object, throwing some bones on it and stretching it around, does anyone use any other means?

my aim is to go youtubing and find some examples of what im looking to animate, frame by frame freeze it so i can try to replicate it in my animations.

this is a start no less
Excellent work. Did you draw it all in Anime Studio
or did you import some files?

It is truly good. . . .esp for a 1st try

Omen River
still working on my 1st try
smileypete

Post by smileypete »

thanks omen river,

i find drawing in anime studio too hard,

the backgrounds i get from photos and paintings, then photoshop them to make them cartoonish, other props like the bike are the same, cutouts of photos, photoshopped.

The character i drew in Manga Studio Debut 4 which i think is the best drawing programs i've used, as it has color now, so for $40 im pretty happy. Then i cut that character out in photoshop (an export to photoshop with layers would be a great addition). It's pretty long winded. But i think it gives a richer array of colors and shades than one can acheive with AS's vector graphics.

thanks for the kudos!
Imago

Post by Imago »

Very nice work!

P.S.
How you do the background?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
smileypete

Post by smileypete »

hi imago,

the background, i took a picture of a painting, put it in photoshop, repeated it around 10 times across-ways and blended the images together using a little photoshop magic. so i had a very long image to move my bike along.

if you're talking about what photoshop stuff i used, then i used a cutout filter to make it look more cartoonish by removing alot of the detail and simplifying the colors.

cheers