Transparency, blur and visbility tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Transparency, blur and visbility tool

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm almost sure this can be done, and this tool will be great for the new timeline behavior.

Can be done a tool which have two number rectangles for layer transparency and blur plus a ticket for activate/deactivate the visibility?
It would be cool to just drag the mouse on the rectangle and obtain a keyframe. It would avoid a lot of clicking. :roll:

I'm thinking now it could be an addition to the translate layer tool, to keep the tool window compact.

What do you think, scripts masters?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Let me see if I understand this correctly...

Combo Tool

1. select this tool

2. Check or uncheck the options for Blur, Opacity, and Visiblity at the top of the screen. Enter values for Blur and Opacity in the text fields.

3. Click on the screen and key frames are placed for the properties checked and the values in the text boxes applied to Blur and Opacity if checked.

----------------

An optional feature could be using key modifiers instead of check boxes. For example hold down shift to key all 3 properties. Hold down alt+shift to key only blur and opacity.... etc etc.

I think this should be a new tool. I hate modifying existing tools because you run into problems if it doesn't work properly. Plus there is not a ton of space for the tool options at the top of the screen and all those extra thingies would make it crowded.

Yes, I think this could be done. Not saying I will do it anytime soon but will think about it when I get a chance. (trying not to make promises I can't keep. ;) )

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

thanks for the answer vern.
I mean this
- select tool and all its parameters
- check for visibility (just visibility)
- Rectangle for transparency
- Rectangle for blur

I'm not explaining it well, so I made this beautiful model
PD: oh, forget the universal point tool there, I installed this to try myself how old scripts doesn't work with version 6
Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha!

Of course! Put the visibility in the tool options at the top! Brilliant!

:)

I've changed my mind! That visibility check box should go in ALL the layer tools. It will make keying visibility a piece of cake!

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

:D I would like to have most of the things that can be animated accessible on tools, and layer visibility is the one on my priorities. I think it would be cool to have transparency and blur close of hand too :roll:, it would permit to actually see what's going on with them, with more control than the graphic mode (which is specially annoying on this kind of channels).
I'm glad you like the idea :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I like this idea SO MUCH I don't think I can live without it!!! ;)

This is high on my list for V6 script changes.

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Vern,

For your site (and, actually, for script writers everywhere) I like Selgin's example screen so much I think this should be done for any tool type script. IOW, if someone posts a script here (or on your site) the accompanying screen shot showing how it looks should also be there.

It's sooooo much easier to see what the tool really is and how it works with an image. (I could kick myself for not thinking of this myself). Plus others who might not download can make suggestions about it.
ink animations

Post by ink animations »

Great Idea Selgin!

seconded. (or is it thirded?.....fourthed? :wink: )
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm thinking in another similar addition. What about buttons on the select shape tool: Add keyframe for color, add keyframe for effect and add keyframe for gradient handles.

Maybe all tools could have a button for add keyframe, this way the timeline would work perfectly. what do you think?

pd: I'm sorry fans, today there is not script picture :roll:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I like that idea Selgin.

I have another one that might make it easier to do. What you suggest would require modifying ALL the tools. Lots of work. My idea would be a "Universal Key" button.

Scripts can use Fkeys along with modifiers; ALT+F1, or SHIFT+F6, etc. So this universal button would never be clicked. Maybe it isn't even a button at all it could be a utility script... don't know yet.

Anyway, you select a vector layer and hit ALT+F1 and it keys the point translation. Select a bone layer and hit ALT+F1 and it keys rotation... etc etc. This script would just have different functions based on what the selected layer is. Each function could also have the exact same FKey command for visibility.

Not as "intuitive" but it does the job without a need to modify all the tools.

-vern
Blue

Post by Blue »

Bump!

I want it!
Last edited by Blue on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
arfa

Post by arfa »

Blue:
Bump!

I want it!
Ditto.

I am making a few tentative steps into Lua and REALLY like the thought of being able to cross-transfer tool functionality.

I was enquiring elsewhere about adding Fazek's polygon functionality into the general 'Draw Shape' tool. Does this seem totally off mark of what you are suggesting Selgin?

cheers - arfa[/quote]
arfa

Post by arfa »

I am not sure if there is a bug in the forum???

I think this is the ?fourth? time I have had notification of a reply to a post only to be informed that:
The topic or post you requested does not exist
The last was:
viewtopic.php?p=79779#79779

- arfa
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

arfa wrote:I am not sure if there is a bug in the forum???

I think this is the ?fourth? time I have had notification of a reply to a post only to be informed that:
The topic or post you requested does not exist
The last was:
viewtopic.php?p=79779#79779

- arfa
I'm not sure, but I think that happens when a reply is deleted by an administrator, generally (I hope) because it is spam.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There has been a rash of spam recently so I have been deleting a lot of new posts. Generally I get to them pretty quick but occasionally have to delete responses to the spam. I could probably just "let it go" but I hate to see that stuff messing up our clean shiny forum. ;)

-vern