5.1.1 showstopping bug on linux

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jorgy

5.1.1 showstopping bug on linux

Post by jorgy »

I really hate to report this because I'm really looking forward to the linux file dialog fix. Under Fedora Core 3, I am unable to click on any window (canvas, menu, layer, etc.) Keypresses still seem to work.

I tried running it on a RedHat 9 box and when it came up to ask for the license, I couldn't click the "OK" button, so it seems that it has the same problem.

Thanks as always!

jorgy
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, that's strange. I've got a Red Hat 9 box and an Ubuntu 5.04 box here that both run Moho just fine.

I assume that you're running it on a machine that runs version 5.1 just fine?

My Red Hat machine is an unmodified Red Hat installation, and version 5.1.1 runs just fine on it.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Yeah, the Fedora box ran 5.1 without problem, and is running all of the latest patches. The RedHat box I never tried before, so I don't know. It was heavily patched, kernel, and various other packages via Fedora legacy.

I have access to a bunch of linux boxes at work tomorrow, and I'll try to find a common denominator.
thatguy

Fedora Core 3 trial of 5.1.1

Post by thatguy »

I just tried out 5.1.1 out on my fedora core 3 builds -

no problem with dialogs or menus.. i'm running KDE - so I don't know if that makes a difference...

I did not do extensive testing, but I did manage to get every major dialog (bones,layers, etc) running and clicking.. So I'm not sure what you are experiencing with you FC3.

--- strange indeed.

-thatguy
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I'm using gnome, and I tried it as another user but that user was also running gnome. I'll try KDE.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I think I narrowed it down.

On several FC3 boxes, I was able to get it to work just fine. However, on my original laptop I still couldn't get it to work. As a test, I tried running it from a working machine but displaying it on my laptop, and moho didn't work. Finally, I had a friend try it on his AMD 64 FC3 machine, and it didn't work for him. The common denominator? It's a laptop too. Both have synaptics touch pads. I'm not sure what this means, but at least it's somewhere to start looking.

jorgy
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I have definitively narrowed it down to something with the trackpad driver. On my laptop moho does not work when using the trackpad. When I plug it into the docking station which has a ps2 mouse, moho works fine.

Let me know what kind of tests you need me to run to debug this.

Thanks!

jorgy
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

This is still an issue for me. Could it be related to the wacom support in the latest version? (I hope not, I have one on my amazon wishlist... LOL)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Possibly. It could be that your laptop's touchpad is being treated as a tablet somehow and messing things up. Do you have a file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf? Can you post a copy or email it to support@lostmarble.com?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Lost Marble wrote:Possibly. It could be that your laptop's touchpad is being treated as a tablet somehow and messing things up. Do you have a file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf? Can you post a copy or email it to support@lostmarble.com?
Sent.