Blur - definate line issue

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

foundmarble

Blur - definate line issue

Post by foundmarble »

As you can see in the picture, the line is defined (green hill). I do not want the line. I want a gradual blur.

The green hill is on a vector layer. The layer is blured at 10 (i have tried an even greater number with the same results, line is in different spot).

I have also tried to use the effect, soft edge on the object (the hill), however, I get the same line.

I guess I could recreate it in PS, blur it and import in AS as a PNG (w/transperancy), but I thought it would be easier to create in AS

Any suggestions or reasons?

Thanks in advance,
Found M
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Need to see before and after. Is the tree edge a "flat" color? Does it have something behind it? Also need to see an "uncompressed" rendered image. It looks like jpg compression artifacts.

I have not encountered this "line" before myself.

-vern
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hmm...I think you may have the LINE enabled on the shape you created. Try selecting the shape, Q, then click on the hill. Check to see that ENABLE OUTLINE is unchecked in the styles window. Then try re-render. If that doesn't help, which is really what I think your issue might be, then also make sure that you haven't got the sky and hill on same layer, but I'm pretty sure you don't...

Experiment with just a flat colour shape without any outline. Doesn't give me a line when I tried it, at least nothing I could recognize.
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Thanks for the response.

Nope, I just have the fill on the hill. (I'm a rhyming fool) :shock:
Here is the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7d73 ... f6e8ebb871

Didn't include png (not needed to see effect).

If you turn off the backgroundsky and render, you can see the same effect with the right most background tree (definate line from the blur).

It almost seems as if it needs more steps between the fill and the first step in the blur.

Thanks again,
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Definitely a problem.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before. Thanks for pointing it out.

-vern