Key to Characters

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ngh903

Key to Characters

Post by ngh903 »

The pre-loaded characters in AS they all are made with 1 vector layer and 1 bone layer. What is the key to getting my own to work as well?
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Um, is this a trick question?

Offhand, I'd say draw well. And understand how AS works. But I'm sure there is more to your question than just that. Can you elaborate exactly what you mean? What problems do you have now with your own characters?
ngh903

How do I explain?

Post by ngh903 »

I'll try to make sense. On 1 vector layer you draw your character. On 1 bone layer, rig your bones to your vector layer and set your bones to region binding. All of the bones move when I need 1 moved and the vector layer gets all messed up. What I thought I could do is use the manual binding tool. I've made characters before but I put the individual limbs with their own bone layer and then put them all in a folder layer which is confusing and takes a long time. I'm just looking for quicker ways to animate.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

mkelley wrote:Um, is this a trick question?
:lol: Yeah, I wouldn't say any of the included characters "work well" especially. But single layer characters require using bone offset.

http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/t ... index.html
All of the bones move when I need 1 moved and the vector layer gets all messed up.
Check the bone parenting. The only reason all of the bones would move is because you are moving the root parent bone of the whole skeleton. Bone offset will keep everything separated enough that bone only control what you want. Or you can manually bind the points.
ngh903

Thanks

Post by ngh903 »

Thanks. I will try those out and see ow they work.
ngh903

Figured it out

Post by ngh903 »

I've been busy, but I've also been working out my problem. It's not quite the way I thought would work, but it's much better.

1:Put each section of the object (arms, legs, body) on it's own vector layer
2:Put them in a bone layer and manually bind the points
3:You then have to set the parent bones and put the one layer in a folder layer

Works perfectly!!