I have(what I consider,at least)a pretty important request

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

7feet

I have(what I consider,at least)a pretty important request

Post by 7feet »

And this seemed like the place to ask it! I have written a lot of scripts. And because of that, I have a fairly important request, could use some help.

With the number of ones I have written, I have a diffuculty. And that is that, unfortunately, I don't have any of them. This is for a number of reasons, but I'll try to give the "Readers Digest" version. I had a rather dire difficulty with a pretty heavy power tool that was was much too enthusiastic in trying to be in exactly the same spot that my head was. That made my head quite unhappy, and I went off to somewhere entirely not here for a good while. Which leads up to my request.

During the better part of o' year that I "went away", my computer most unfortunately crashed out, is the sense of utter hard drive destruction (much like wacking it with a baseball bat. Hard drives don't like that much). So, along with a lot of missing time, I don't have any of my pile of scripts around. So, my request --

If anybody here has some of 'em around, I sure wouldn't mind being able to get some copies of 'em! I might have some of them burned on a disc around here somewhere. but I've got mountains of them. And an unfortunate habit of labeling them in a really bad manner.

So, there's my humble request. Are they around somewhere? Any help tracking a few bits down would be great. Quite a possibility (likelyhood?) that I won't be writing too much at the moment, but the old ones would be nice.

Okay, 'nuff from me for now, but a wee bit of assistance would be a beautiful thing. Thanks.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Wow, the legend is back! Sorry to hear about the reason for your absence, but very nice to see a scripting guru return.

Here's all of your scripts I have. I don't know for sure if that's all of them. http://www.mediafire.com/?vl3lxyt5f0r

:wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh good grief!

If Jesus himself had returned I don't think I could be more surprised and shocked! ;)

I freaked out when I saw the post. At first I thought it was another spammer replying to a very old post (they do that. Drives me nuts).

I know I have a bunch of your scripts and will search around for them. You were the "big" Moho scripter when I first bought it so I was grabbing everything I could find. You ARE my scripting inspiration. You are the reason I started scripting in the first place.

Enough about silly scripts though... yikes! You okay? Glad to hear you are... uh... "ambulatory" at least. Powertool huh... sheesh. I hate power tools. They freak me out. I have a serious phobia about anything that spins really fast that doesn't play music or movies.

-vern
DK

Post by DK »

Welome back 7feet!!!! :) Great to see you again. I'll go through my collection too.

D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Here's what I could find in my files...they were labelled SF so I imagine they are yours 7feet.

http://www.wienertoonz.com/SFSCRIPTS.zip

Cheers
D.K
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Is great to know, the legendary 7Feet is back, and we'll try to hunt down your scripts!
"and then Man created god!"
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

While I can't help you with your request let me also add my happiness at seeing you back here -- your stuff is indeed legendary and I can't tell you how many times people asked about you in the last year or so.

Power tools and head? I'm guessing chain saw, because most other power tools don't get high enough (or are unwieldy enough) to go for the head. I guess the lucky thing (if you can call it that) is that you didn't lose limbs -- power tools REALLY like appendages.

Stick with computers -- while they do malfunction (as you've found out) they seldom go after our persons (I did once have a CD drive that was fond of fingers but that's a whole other story).
Last edited by mkelley on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

7feet -- great to see you back! (You weren't juggling with chainsaws, were you?...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wow, I'm back from a 2 month travel and, surprise!, 7feet is back. great :D