info palette...

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sarhound

info palette...

Post by sarhound »

I'd really like to have an info palette to work with, where I can enter numerical values for objects. For example, if I decide to squash/stretch an item, I'd like to be able to enter "100%" in the palette to return it to it's presquashed state at a later time, without having to eyeball it. I'd also like to be able to enter positions, dimensions, etc. numerically. It would also be nice if it could give RGB values if I'm hovering an eyedropper tool (hint, hint) over a color.

Ya know, kinda like Photoshop.... or various 3D programs that I've worked with in the past.

That would really rock.

This program is really starting to grow on me--I'm impressed. Keep up the good work!

Kim Stephens
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Most of the tools let you adjust numerical values using the controls at the top of the main editing window. These controls change depending on what tool is currently active. We call this area the "tool options area".
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Yup, all that is there as it stands (excepting the eyedropper - gimme a minute on that, I'm working it out). And they pretty much all have Reset buttons to return whatever process you are working on to it's initial, frame zero value, as you do you're animation. It would seem what you are looking for specifically is something like the context sensitive info window in the previous version of Moho. Which I wouldn't mind as another window to use. I've been thinking of whacking together a script that would give you numerical feedback and the ability to change damn near anything you could fing in a layer, just need to sit down and do it. For that matter, you could to if you had the mind. Lua ain't to rough, and all that's mostly just setting up the dialog window.

But what you asked for does make me think a bit. a tool for this might benefit by allowing you to make percentage changes in values instead of trying to directly interpret the numbers. Not so hard with layers or camera positions, but it starts getting hard if you want to keep track of randomly selected point groups. Right now you can use the "Draw>Reset Points" command to put 'em back, wouldn't be bad in a more workflow accessible place.