New and improved Create Shape Tool

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

New and improved Create Shape Tool

Post by synthsin75 »

New create shape tool.

Create shapes without having to uncheck the fill or outline options after creating each. So now you can set which type of shapes you want to create (outline and fill, just outline, or just fill) and create them like you would normally.

Fast and friendly. :wink:

Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?t=12073
blacksunproject

Re: New and improved Create Shape Tool

Post by blacksunproject »

synthsin75 wrote:New create shape tool.

Create shapes without having to uncheck the fill or outline options after creating each. So now you can set which type of shapes you want to create (outline and fill, just outline, or just fill) and create them like you would normally.

Fast and friendly. :wink:

Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?t=12073
Where can I get the fa_utility required for this tool?
Thanks in advance,
Gustavo
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah...I already added that to the zip file. Just download it again. :wink:
human

Post by human »

synth,

Maybe people are going to roll their eyes :roll: when I say this

but I simply don't understand how anybody could work efficiently in AS before you introduced this drawing tool.

Obviously, I think it's great. Thanks.

:)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh wow. :oops: Thanks Human!

Responses like that make it all worth the effort. I'm so happy anytime I can contribute to this community. Luckily, this one was pretty easy. Just a weeks worth of staring at the script and one good answer from Vern.

Just don't go asking me for scripting requests... yet. :wink:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Appearantly I have a habit of making meshes too complex for the fa flood selection, so it keeps locking up AS on me. So I've disabled that feature in my create shape tool. The one I'm using now nolonger has that feature, and now I lose much less work due to those freeze ups.

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know and I'll post this slight modification of the syn_create_shape tool.

And if this is needed, let me know if anyone thinks I should leave a version up that still has the flood selection option.

:wink:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's the version I'm using now. It doesn't have the flood selection feature, since that kept causing me trouble. Let me know if anyone prefers it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymvxt2ebjhg
tiannaidan

new shape tool

Post by tiannaidan »

I downloaded the shape too and installed in according to the instructions.But it isn't showing up in AS.I just have the fill and line options.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Did you restart AS after install?
tiannaidan

new tool

Post by tiannaidan »

It loaded but the options don't show up until after I create a shape so what's the point? If I have to create a shape first I still have to edit the line or fill if I don't want them.I thought the idea of the new tool was to be able to chose an option BEFORE you create a shape?[/i][/b]
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you sure you are selecting my tool? If you haven't changed the tool list shortcuts, it will be at the bottom of the tool panel, in the 'Other' section. If you're using the 'U' shortcut, you're still getting the original AS tool.
tiannaidan

new tool

Post by tiannaidan »

The icon in the "other" section at the bottom doesn't appear until after I've drawn a shape.Again,if I have to draw something first it's not saving any work. Once I've drawn a shape and the icon appears if I click it then the both,fill,line only options appear.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh, I see the problem. You might want to reread the scripting post on this, as I explained this to another fellow. viewtopic.php?t=12073

I'll reiterate here. This tool works just like the LM create shape tool generally. You may want to review the manual on that. http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/fill_tools.html
Look for 'Create Shape'.

Try this:
1) create a circle without any fill or outline, with the oval tool
2) using syn_create_shape tool, select what kind of shapes you want to create (both, outline only, fill only) in the tool options at the top of the workspace
3) with this tool, define a shape to be filled
4) hit the space bar to finalize the shape

If you are using a tool that does auto-outlining/filling (like the oval, rectangle, or freehand tools), then you have already created the shape and can only change it by selecting it with the select shape tool.

Like the LM tool, this only works for the initial creation of shapes. (Shapes are the fill/outline you create to make vector curves visible when rendered.)

The tool is only clickable after you have some vector curves to creat shapes with.