A note for one, Kelly Murdock...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fugdabug

A note for one, Kelly Murdock...

Post by fugdabug »

AHA! I finally remembered... I just got my copy of Anime Studio the Official Guide in the mail from Amazon books... And there in little letters in the intro is a note about a book I still have squirreled away in my library... "3DGraphics and VRML". And I said, "OH YEAH! Now I remember... that is where I know that name from!!!"... You got me into a world o' trouble there buddy!!! :P

Ya know I still use VRML 2.0 and have kept the spec upgraded over time. I found it one of the most useful tools for a variety of studies and it was very helpful in learning to maneuver the nuances of 3D graphics on a programming scale. I printed out a full copy of the VRML 97 SPEC and have it close to my computer at all times... I use Cortona client on my web browser and site, and I have both CosmoPlayer and XJ3D at hand as well... And it was all due to that book of yours!

SO, even though I got this rather expensive new software addition to my stash (ToonBoom Studio 4.0), I am back to cranking in Anime Studio Pro AGAIN... thanks to you and your skills of explanation... I am off in trouble AGAIN!:shock:

P.S. THANK YOU. (very much!!!)
"'member boys and girls,...mr. Grenade is our friend and will protect us! BUT when we pull the pin on mr. Grenade, we want him over there with our enemies far awaaaay from us,.. because he isn't our friend any more!!!" -sum flung dung the wise.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

I kind of doubt whether Kelly has ever been on these forums (never seen his name and based on his schedule and work it doesn't make a lot of sense for him). If you really want to send him a note you probably can through the publisher's site (heck, you can even Google him -- this is probably the closest I found to actually emailing him:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/kelly/murdock

Other than that I don't think you'll have a chance of reaching him, though.
fugdabug

Post by fugdabug »

mkelley wrote:I kind of doubt whether Kelly has ever been on these forums (never seen his name and based on his schedule and work it doesn't make a lot of sense for him). If you really want to send him a note you probably can through the publisher's site (heck, you can even Google him -- this is probably the closest I found to actually emailing him:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/kelly/murdock

Other than that I don't think you'll have a chance of reaching him, though.
He says he got a lot of assistance from this forum in writing the material in the book... and he references this site. So I figure though he may not be known to us he might be just a lurker... you know.
Anyway thanks for the note. I hope to be back soon with some better work than I was doing prior to buying the book... my attitude has grown much more optimistic with AS. :D
"'member boys and girls,...mr. Grenade is our friend and will protect us! BUT when we pull the pin on mr. Grenade, we want him over there with our enemies far awaaaay from us,.. because he isn't our friend any more!!!" -sum flung dung the wise.