Submit Your Character for Promo

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

F.M.

Post by F.M. »

You guys at VideoCopilot have some great AE tutorials!
"and then Man created god!"
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Funk makes very good points.

Generally, it's not a very good idea to edit away the first post. Makes this whole thread pointless. It would have been better to leave it, if only for others benefit. You know, 'how not to ask'.

Even though you may have found it embarrassing to leave it, most of us are here to benefit from each others contributions. Good and bad.

I guess the moderator might as well get rid of this thread, since it will no longer make any sense. :roll:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I would hope that pixelpusher might revisit his original idea. Maybe he could get his station to pony up a few bucks for a "contest" of sorts.

-vern
Nosehat

Post by Nosehat »

Pixelpusher wrote:I guess I'm just used to the very helpful folks that I work with over at Videocopilot.com. We are a group of guys that share the knowledge and freely give away our presets and do whatever we can to help those that are like minded.
A side question: Where is that happening at videocopilot.com? I went there and it's just a link farm full of random sponsored links.
Pixelpusher

Post by Pixelpusher »

www.videocopilot.net

Sorry about the .com
"Life...animated, one keyframe at a time!"
Nosehat

Post by Nosehat »

Pixelpusher wrote:www.videocopilot.net

Sorry about the .com
Ah, much better. Thanks!
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

I just wanted to chime in since there's someone here from videocopilot: dude, that site ROCKS! I've been able to do SO much more in my professional career since watching all those tutorials. -Good work and keep it up!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Video co-pilot is indeed very good, thanks for the link, great tutes which clearly illustrate their professional standards and are very good viral advertising for their plugin products.
Pity I can't afford after effects just yet, I don't just want it, I need it. :( too many apps not enough cash.
Which reminds me of a story..... nah just kidding. :wink:
gyula

Post by gyula »

AE is more of a post production or motion graphic tool, if you are to animate AS is a better tool. i did some animation in AE and just turned my attention to AS which is a much better tool for animation. (i will post my AE anim to the Animations topic, to see why i need AS)
Pixelpusher

Post by Pixelpusher »

For television graphics and post production, After Effects cannot be beat in my book. I too got into AS because I want to have the ability to animate characters, which AE isn't really capable of doing. AE is great for animating just about everything else, and the effects plugins are the top of the heap. AS is a "different" type of animation software that I have found to be very amazing and just what I need to add an additional element to my animating capabilities. I also create 3D logos for clients and I have software that can accomplish that as well. It's all in the tools folks and the best tools create the best results.

And yes, videocopilot.net rocks and if you need help learning how to do something, we'll show you. Andrew Kramer is one of the masters and he does it freely. You can purchase the products, but it isn't required to get the help.
"Life...animated, one keyframe at a time!"
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Pixelpusher wrote:For television graphics and post production, After Effects cannot be beat in my book. I too got into AS because I want to have the ability to animate characters, which AE isn't really capable of doing. AE is great for animating just about everything else....
Well, AE isn't exactly the EASIEST thing in the world to animate characters with, but it can be done, and done very well. In fact, Blue's Clues and Li'l Bill were animated in AE, as is The Wonderpets. It's just a matter of what kind of style you want.

Based on the test I took for Li'l Bill (AE 4 back in the day) I'd have to say that you'd DEFINITELY want to use ASpro instead of AE! They're looking for a clunkier kind of animation that's not as lifelike as AS gives.

-I remember the AE software developers from Adobe came in while I was at MTV animation and they told us that the crew on Li'l Bill and Blue's Clues were literally bringing AE to its knees with all the demands they were putting on the processors! It used to be much more work to do character animation in AE.