New guy here

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Guiness92

New guy here

Post by Guiness92 »

Hello my name is Ron and I just picked up anime studio. Seems like a great program but I have lots to learn with it. Hopefully reading on these forums will help me out. Im sure Ill have lots of questions and hope that I can make some nice videos to share. If there is a good starting point in learning this software please let me know. I have lots of photoshop experience so hopefully this will be a painless learning curve.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Read the Anime Studio User's Manual. What you know about Photoshop works in Photoshop not AS. So don't get frustrated if the program doesn't seem to work for you. It takes time to lean how to use AS effectively.

Dale
Guiness92

Post by Guiness92 »

Where do you get the anime studio users manual at? I picked the program up at best buy and there was nothing in the box except the disc and the sleeve with the reg code on it. Was it supposed to come with a book?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is an "online" manual and tutorials included with installation. You access this under the Help menu.

There is a recent book published by a third party that covers basics.

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Just to reiterate -- you NEED to run through the online tutorials (under Help). Don't even bother asking questions here until you've done so -- truly (because nearly all of your questions will be answered by those tutorials, they are easy to do, and we'll expect you to have done them).

After that there are lots of helpful folks with amazing knowledge here. And you've got the best animation program in the world!
Guiness92

Post by Guiness92 »

Thanks for the help guys, Ive been running through the tutorials with the program and there are some nice reads on these boards too. I'll make sure to try and find the answers I need before posting any questions. Its a bit overwhelming at first but seems like it wont be so bad once I figure it all out.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Hey, when you do figure it all out let me know (because a year later and I'm still learning :>)