Synthsin75's tools (and other scripts)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Synthsin75's tools (and other scripts)

Post by synthsin75 »

Okay, I feel I've finally written enough to merit collecting my scripts in a single thread. Like Vern, and others, I will update this first post to keep everything easy to find. Please let me know if you like my work. I will add extra usage info if necessary.

----------------Tools-----------------

syn_x_app-------------------------------------------------

viewtopic.php?p=67666#67666
Open external applications from within AS.

syn_select_layer!!!----------------------------------------

This new tool allows you to select vector layers in the current group by clicking on a shape or vector edge on that layer.

For example, say you have this sort of layer setup:

Group (or Bone) Layer
-Vector Layer 1
-Vector Layer 2
-Vector Layer 3

If you have one of these vector layers currently selected in the layers window, you can move to either of the other two vector layers by clicking on a shape or edge on one of those layers. Say I'm on 'Vector Layer 1'. If I want to move to 'Vector Layer 3' I just need to click on a visible shape on that layer. If that layer's shapes are covered (hidden) by the higher layers' shapes, then I just need to estimate where an edge is and click there.

Up/Down arrows will move the currently selected layer up/down in the layer order, but this is not animated layer ordering. This feature is mainly used with syn_select_shape (below) to handle layers much as you would shapes. You can reorder them, but like shape order, these changes are global (document-wide). I would suggest only using this feature on frame zero, as any later animated layer ordering will make this feature behave oddly.

Ctrl + Up/Down arrows will select the next layer up/down, also just like handling shapes.

All of the following tools include the 'select layer by shape/edge' feature. Only syn_select_shape includes the arrow controls.

syn_select_shape--------------------------------------

This tool includes the syn_select_layer features. If a shape is selected, it works like normal ( the arrows change the shape order, ctrl+arrows changes shape stack selection, and clicking an empty part of the workspace deselects the shape). If you click on a shape of another layer (in the same group) it will select that layer. A hidden shape's layer can be selected by clicking on that shape's edge.

If no shape is selected, The arrow features work on the layers much as they do shapes.

syn_create_shape--------------------------------------

Edit:There are some problems with this create shape tool that I just noticed. I'd suggest using my other one without the shape order display or layer selection until I find time to fix it. Link to the previous version is below. :oops:

This tool includes my earlier creation method feature. In case you missed it, this allows you to select if you want to create shapes with 'fills only', 'outlines only', or 'both' before creating the shapes.

I've also included a new shape order display. A newly created shape, while still selected, could already have its shape order changed with the arrows. Now you can see where it is in the order without having to change tools.

This tool also includes the syn_select_layer selection feature.

(This is the version I'm currently using. It has the flood selection feature disabled as it often caused AS to freeze up. If anyone wants it back, let me know.)

syn_select_points----------------------------------------

Point selection tool with the syn_select_layer selection feature.

syn_translate_points-------------------------------------

Points translation tool with the syn_select_layer selection feature.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download them here.

Download previous create shape tool here.

Just drop all of the 'syn' files into your 'tool' folder, and the 'fa' file into your 'utility' folder. All of these require Fazek's utility, so if you love Fazek's tools you'll love these.

-Wes
Last edited by synthsin75 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I made this topic "sticky".

-vern
DK

Post by DK »

Wow....synsthsin75.....you finally got a sticky :)
I remember reading your posts when you first started with Lua scripting.

Congratulations mate and well done ;)

Cheers
D.K
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

happy sticky day!
I use already all your script, they are really useful. thanks!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy them. :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

These are indispensable tools synthsin thanks.
wpp0808

can't download please give me to my mail thanks

Post by wpp0808 »

I can't download your script ,please sent it to :wpp0808@yahoo.com.cn
thank you.
The one you want The one you get
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?jj30h1zddmq

You can try downloading them here instead. :wink:

This strikes me as very odd (or flattering, I can't decide which). Someone who's been a forum member here for over three years, just now decides to post there first message? :?
wpp0808

reply2syn

Post by wpp0808 »

i'm from china ----Continent
the service you provided is locked ---to all IP from continent ,
by mediafire
so I can't download . thank you.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

wpp0808, I just sent it to your email. Let me know if you like them.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Thanks Synthsin
Great work
wpp0808

thanks a lot

Post by wpp0808 »

thanks dear syn:
I'v just tried it and it's very convenient
good works for anime, for all guys
High efficiency \\\excellent performance
especially under a super-multi-layers enviroment.
thank you again..again...
wpp0808

about syn's script

Post by wpp0808 »

script is ok
but:::translate tool and select points tool can not work under an action.
so i have to use the original tool when i working under action.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, in actions you have to select the group layer before selecting another sub-layer or it kicks you out of the action timeline. I usually construct my actions in the main timeline and then copy them to actions.

That may be a good idea though. I could modify it so that it automatically switches through the group layer (but anything further than the immediate parent layer would get complicated, as my tool doesn't go beyond the current group yet).

But that could help with creating actions within a single group. It could keep you from getting kicked out of the action.

If enough people think this sounds useful, I'll look into what it would take to pull it off.

:wink:

p.s. If you're creating an action on a single layer to begin with, there's no getting around that. Any changing layers will quit the action timeline.
wpp0808

Ok

Post by wpp0808 »

it's solved , thanks