Raven

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

chucky wrote: If I might be so bold may I ask if the talons are are finished in regard to their animation?
I would have expected them to tuck up and close more as they push the bird off the stump.
P.S. what did you generate the sky with it is very effective?
Well spotted :)
The talons are not yet finnished, those are one of the issues I have to work with.

In general I am really, really excited with what can be achieved in Anime Studio and that you can achieve so many different styles. I have been trying to get away from the "vector" look, and was not totally sure how much work it would take to achieve this. Now I am very happy to have found a ultimate tool that can help me realizing this project.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

looking great kankuran!
Where did you source the music from? the audio track is really well constructed. :)
Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

Thank you funksmaname!

The film will take place in the Swedish province of Värmland, and this song/melody is Värmlands antheme called "Ack Värmeland du sköna" or "Värmlandsvisan.

This particular score is made by Göteborgs symfonietta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzMLnreaUrg

For the movie I will use this melody as the main theme, but I will have a composer rewriting it so that it fits to the films different parts and moods.
human

Post by human »

Kankuran wrote:Thank you funksmaname!

The film will take place in the Swedish province of Värmland, and this song/melody is Värmlands antheme called "Ack Värmeland du sköna" or "Värmlandsvisan.

This particular score is made by Göteborgs symfonietta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzMLnreaUrg

For the movie I will use this melody as the main theme, but I will have a composer rewriting it so that it fits to the films different parts and moods.
Interesting--I thought the music was a version of a Grieg tune... he wrote some sort of waltz for one of his works. Do you know the one I mean?
Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

chucky wrote: P.S. what did you generate the sky with it is very effective?
I forgot about this question Chucky.

The sky is acually real photage :)
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Thats fantastic! How long did it take to construct the raven in AS, and how many bones to control it? It looks extremely complicated. The whole scene looks amazing, and the music works very well to set the mood. Love it.
Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

Thank you Redeye!
Redeye wrote:Thats fantastic! How long did it take to construct the raven in AS, and how many bones to control it?
Constructing the raven maybe took a day if I would do it again. The biggest problem was finding out how to best rigg it. Tuning the rigging took a couple of extra days :)

Once the rigging is done, animating is not that time consuming at all. That is the charm of Anime Studo.

I think the rigg might contain a little bit over 200 bones.
Here is one image that shows the complexity of the rigging:
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Thanks for the reply thats very interesting. It's a lot of work but well worth it when you get results like that. :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i think the biggest problem for AS, and the reason a lot of "but it can't be used for anything decent" attitude (as well as a lot of not particularly good work) is purely down to individual laziness. People don't take time to craft something decent - simple as that...

this is great work kankuran, and you are doing a great service to AS showing an insight to your workflow. even 3 days is a short time to make an animation of this quality :)

good luck with the project!
Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

funksmaname wrote:
this is great work kankuran, and you are doing a great service to AS showing an insight to your workflow.
Thanks, I would not be where I am today (regarding AS:) if it was not for this forum and the help I have recieved here.

Anyway, here is also breakdown of the rigging of the raven if anyone is interested.

Sorry if the image is too big):

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

:shock: awesome!
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Unbelievable. There should be a special forum here for work of this caliber.

Blue Ribbon!
Genete

Post by Genete »

Ha! when I saw the screen shot I rolled my mouse wheel to zoom in into the feathers! Then I realized that it was just a screen shot :D
Excellent work.

-G
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Ha! when I saw the screen shot I rolled my mouse wheel to zoom in into the feathers!
:lol:
unkledunkle

Big file?

Post by unkledunkle »

Hey could somebody give me a pointer on how to view the clip. I followed the link and it would not play correctly. I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.5....Safari. Has anyone else had trouble? What I can see looks great. This is certainly an inspiration.

Thanks,

UD