Moho Lipsynch

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NerdmastaX

Moho Lipsynch

Post by NerdmastaX »

I believe moho should have a lipsynch program similar to toonboom's. dont get me wrong pamela is a good try, but i have yet to see pamela animaite more than two mouth layers(open and closed)...someone from lost marble should download and run toonboom so that they can see the ease of use im talkin about...lipsynch is whats holding my development up, and i would kill for a decent lipsynch utility. cause whats there kinda sucks...
LittleFenris

Re: Moho Lipsynch

Post by LittleFenris »

NerdmastaX wrote:I believe moho should have a lipsynch program similar to toonboom's. dont get me wrong pamela is a good try, but i have yet to see pamela animaite more than two mouth layers(open and closed)...someone from lost marble should download and run toonboom so that they can see the ease of use im talkin about...lipsynch is whats holding my development up, and i would kill for a decent lipsynch utility. cause whats there kinda sucks...
You can buy Magpie or Magpie Profrom Third Wish Software. Big productions use that all the time. The Pro version has an exporter for Moho, the regular version can be configured to export Moho switch layer files as well. Regular version is only $65. Also if you haven't noticed Toon Boom Studio is considerably more expensive (more than 3 times the cost) as Moho. I think Moho is extremely feature rich for the price. Even with the additional cost of the regular version of Magpie, Moho is still less than half the cost of Toon Boom. Of course any program can stand to have more features, but thats the nature of technology and programming today.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

My 2 cents worth on lipsyncing:

An example: The animation is made in Korea to a sound track made in English.

The animation is then translated, a new voice over done in foreign languarges and sold to non-English speaking countries all over the world. The original animation lipsyncing was done to match the American English language. There is no way those same mouth positions will match the script that is translated and dubbed in in foreign languages.

For example:
In English: Hello.
In French: Bon Jour
In German: Guten Tag
No way those mouth phoenetic shapes are the same. The German one even has an extra syllable, mouth movement, in it.

As someone who has done a bit of traveling around the world and watched my share of dubbed movies and TV shows where the voices did not match the mouth movements - super, precise lipsyncing matters only to the original language in which the animation was made. And then cartoons are given even more latitude because.....they are cartoons!

So far the lipsyncing method that works in tutorial 5.1 is fine for the things I do. I am sure I will move up and get Magpie Pro soon.
:D