HOW TO MAKE .MOHO FILES?

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Impdragon

HOW TO MAKE .MOHO FILES?

Post by Impdragon »

Hello I need someone to answer this like asap! I am making a Barak Obama cartoon animation and I have all of the things lined up. The one problem is each time I save all of my mouth movements they save as .anme files.

The problem with this is when I go to add soundtracks etc the soundtracks are cut short and don't finish! I look at the tutorial on lip sync 100s of times but no info on how to correctly make any animation match the audio.
I need answer because I have created 3 kickass cartoons and I can't continue if the audio is not correctly synced to mouth movements. I have my file I should upload it and see if someone can correct it.

I know animating is difficult and I don't mind learning but I thought I had all right until this snag. PLEASE HELP ANYONE.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think there is confusion about file types and names. An "anme" file IS the extension for Anime Studio files. .moho is the OLD extension. Anime Studio can open .moho files.

The cut short sound track files... could be a couple of things but I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.

Are the sound files not visible in the time line for the length of the animation? If so that is a known issue.

Or...

Is the sound not PLAYING for the length of the animation? Is the end frame of the animation not set far enough along the time line? For example the default length of a new Anime Studio file is 72 frames. You can animate past that but if you don't change the end frame to the actual end of your animation it will only play those 72 frames.

Need more info.

-vern
Impdragon

Post by Impdragon »

heyvern wrote:I think there is confusion about file types and names. An "anme" file IS the extension for Anime Studio files. .moho is the OLD extension. Anime Studio can open .moho files.

The cut short sound track files... could be a couple of things but I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.

Are the sound files not visible in the time line for the length of the animation? If so that is a known issue.

Or...

Is the sound not PLAYING for the length of the animation? Is the end frame of the animation not set far enough along the time line? For example the default length of a new Anime Studio file is 72 frames. You can animate past that but if you don't change the end frame to the actual end of your animation it will only play those 72 frames.

Need more info.

-vern

Well for one when I use the audieo with the 5.1 tutorial mouth it works great when I use it with my barak animations it cuts off really short. I also notice that the 5.1 mouth has the add shape symbol next to each layer however mine doesn't.

I don't know how to correct this at all nor do i know how to save it as .moho files so it can work correctly.

I have all 5 images of barak as far as wide open -2-3-4- & closed mouth.

I don't think it should matter that its not just his mouth. I mean I have a half body cartoon with 5 different mouth positions for the correct animation. I need to know how to save it as .moho. and why the audio runs short. Like it seems that anything over 16secs is too long.

Even with the default mouth from tutorial 5.1 my audio files that go over 16secs the mouth stops moving...
Impdragon

Post by Impdragon »

Also how do I extend it pass 72 frames so that no matter how long the audio is the mouth will talk until the end of audio clip
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't know what the problem is that you are having. I'm not understanding it completely.

You don't need to save as a "moho" file. Not unless you are using a very old copy of Moho which is no longer supported. You don't need to save Moho files period. End of story. If you are talking about the "mouth" samples that came with AS or Papagayo, they are just "old" extensions for a program that is no longer being supported. Anime Studio can open and save those files. .moho files are just old versions of .anme files.

-------

To increase the length of the animation go to: File | Project Settings...

You will see boxes for start and end frames. There are also modifier keys to hold down and click in the time line to set start and end frames. Those would be in the tutorials or help files.

On the mac you click in the "gray" area while holding CTRL+OPTION to set the end frame. Hold just the OPTION key and click to set the start frame.

I have no other ideas for your problems with the mouse switch layers without seeing the file.

-vern
Impdragon

Post by Impdragon »

heyvern wrote:I don't know what the problem is that you are having. I'm not understanding it completely.

You don't need to save as a "moho" file. Not unless you are using a very old copy of Moho which is no longer supported. You don't need to save Moho files period. End of story. If you are talking about the "mouth" samples that came with AS or Papagayo, they are just "old" extensions for a program that is no longer being supported. Anime Studio can open and save those files. .moho files are just old versions of .anme files.

-------

To increase the length of the animation go to: File | Project Settings...

You will see boxes for start and end frames. There are also modifier keys to hold down and click in the time line to set start and end frames. Those would be in the tutorials or help files.

On the mac you click in the "gray" area while holding CTRL+OPTION to set the end frame. Hold just the OPTION key and click to set the start frame.

I have no other ideas for your problems with the mouse switch layers without seeing the file.

-vern
I figured it our before you got back to me! This video will get insane hits on youtube thanks!
Hitachi

Post by Hitachi »

Is there any easier way to do it?(