A call for After Effects people

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AngryMonster

A call for After Effects people

Post by AngryMonster »

Hey Guys

I am part of Tui Studios in Australia
Just wondering if any of you guys that live in the Sydney area and are comfortable with After Effects.

If so let me know. These days we are constantly finding we need another couple of comp artists. So we are just trying to build up our data base of people we can call upon. Also anyone with anime studio experience. As you can imagine ... hard to find.

Cheers
Jonathan
phastraq

Post by phastraq »

Sorry I'm not from the area but I do have experience in both Anime studio and After Effects as well as many other graphic appz.
jwlane

File size vs working online

Post by jwlane »

Depending on file sizes, some work could be sent back and forth via FTP. See my animation gallery for an example of how I put a shot together, plus other movies using After Effects 3D camera moves with Anime Studio footage.

http://animatedlane.com/content/view/20/37/

After small sized Quicktime approvals, After Effects setups using low res proxies could be sent to your studio for higher resolution rendering.
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Jwlane - Nice stuff! Yeah we are familiar with FTP. Actually most of our work is for overseas clients. Even within Australia we end up FTPing ... I don't even have to leave my seat ... ever :). We also use Skype to communicate with our colleagues.

We would prefer someone who can actually come in to the studio. There is nothing like having someone right there. You can discuss, problem solve right there on the spot.

However there is nothing wrong with building up friendships. As I said we work with lots of people from all over(mostly NZ actually) So it is good to hear from you ... and see you work! ... thanks

Phastraq - Thanks for replying! ... do you have any examples of your work?
jwlane

Another Incentive

Post by jwlane »

The direction of currency exchanges is working in your favor. The 9 month moving average shows the Australian dollar getting a lot stronger. If the US continues its current trend, you'll be able to buy my services as if you were converting to pesos.
phastraq

Post by phastraq »

most of my work can be viewed at www.freewebs.com/trinilife that's the project i'm working on now.

I'm just building my after effects reel so I don't have much to show with respect to that yet but it will be online soon.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Hi, I'm also not from the area but I've been using After Effects for 13 years now and Anime Studio/Moho for 4 years.
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Cool slice 11217

Do you have any examples of your work?
cribble

Post by cribble »

Hello, I'm interested. Though I'm UK based (probably not what you're after, still)...

Here's something I have done.
--Scott
cribble.net
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

cribble wrote:Hello, I'm interested. Though I'm UK based (probably not what you're after, still)...

Here's something I have done.
Hi Scott, Paper Hero is cool.

Was AS used for that?