Smith Micro won't honor my Moho 5.5 serial

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Banterfield

Smith Micro won't honor my Moho 5.5 serial

Post by Banterfield »

...and since you can't download 5.5 anywhere on the net to install AS 5.6 over it, you CAN'T install AS 5.6 on your machine!

Any suggestions? I'm trying to do this the right way, but the Smith Micro dude was about as pleasant as a kick in the head. Grrrrrrrr.

Is the Moho 5.5 installation available anywhere so I can install up to AS5.6?

Not happy,

Dave

edit: Maybe the last moho was 5.0... whatever. Can't find it anywhere on the net. I'm going to have to go mucking about to see if I didn't save it somewhere. I'm glad Mike is making more money by having gone with Smith Micro, but the warm fuzzies I used to get from the product are GONE. Thanks Smith Micro!
Dave
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I search my computer if I have the original zip down load of Moho, but I think that I lost it in a hd crash. If I can find it I 'll post it. BUT it wont work with out a valid license.

Dale
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Never mind. I found it. Old versions are available if you know the exact name of the installation file, which you can get from archive.org by looking at the old site. Then google search for the exact file name and you'll see it.

I have the legitimate serial I purchased - it just doesn't work for AS, although apparently you can install a full copy of 5.6 over the final version of moho.
Dave
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Wow, that was almost magical!
Dave
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

To be fair there was a cut off date for owners of Moho to get a free upgrade to AS. I think they extended the deadline at least once but that was way back when e-frontier was still distributing it. If you got the Moho to AS upgrade it came with a new serial number. You needed the Moho SN to get the new AS (5.0 I think). I believe the last version of Moho was 5.3. When AS came out it was Anime Studio 5, then there was a 5.5 and then a 5.6 (I think I got that right).

The current version of AS is not the same as Moho any longer. For a while that was the case. AS 5 was identical in every way (except content) as Moho 5.3. Animated layer order and other features and fixes that have come in recently are only in AS.

SM doesn't even have a clue about Moho and would have no obligation to support it. SM bought AS not Moho. Moho is long gone. If you still need it for some reason you need to make sure you back it up. However if you have the upgrade to AS and the proper serial numbers you no longer need Moho.

p.s. I may have gotten some of the history wrong or the version numbers wrong. Working from my tired old memory. My brain is old and crusty.

-vern
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Vern, you've made the gears turn here. I just realized Content Paradise did that initial upgrade, not Smith Micro. I just ran a search on my drive for "paradise" and found my old serial. The free upgrade expired 9/30/06, but the serial works. Wooohooo!

Anyway, nice to have found version 4.6.1 and 5.4 again. They're like dusty old friends (especially 4.6.1). Bad feelings gone.

Appreciatively,

Dave
Dave