Eyedropper tool in Color Picker

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aeric

Eyedropper tool in Color Picker

Post by aeric »

when the color picker dialog is open, moving the mouse outside the window, could it be an eyedropper tool?

or maybe improve the ALT click on shapes, but allowing picking the colors on ALL "visible" layers, not just on the same one
object22

Post by object22 »

this would be really nice to have!
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Along these lines I was thinking that it would be nice if in addition to the rgb values there would be a box for the HTML values in the color picker. Something simple like what PSP has would be fine http://vhs.vusd.k12.ca.us/teacher/mosher/color.gif
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I'm pretty sure you can add your own color swatch to the selector window. This doesn't address the eyedropper, but would accomodate the Web pallete request.
________
Ferrari 166
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

kdiddy13 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can add your own color swatch to the selector window. This doesn't address the eyedropper, but would accomodate the Web pallete request.
Sorry I didn't explain it right -or maybe I didn't understand- for my personal use I liked the html code because in a few instances I wanted to match a color and had to go from one program to the other i.e. read the R value go to Moho and type it in, read the G value go to Moho type it in, read B value go to Moho and type it in (I have short term memory problems) so I thought in my case it would be cool if for example I could cut and paste one time FCFCFC from one app to the other. I figured some others might find it useful if they were integrating animation with a web page and wanted to match the colors -minor thing just was thinking of it as a lazy man's time saver. :)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

That makes sense - it's a lot easier to just copy/paste a single value. I'll see if that can be added.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Great! :)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

In the meantime, you could go to www.tucows.com (I'm assuming you have a Windows machine) and type GetColor into the search field. It's a free colour picker, which copies the current RGB values to the clipboard in either decimal or hex notation. I use it a lot -- it's very handy.

HTH

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

jahnocli wrote:In the meantime, ...GetColor
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a look.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Lost Marble wrote:That makes sense - it's a lot easier to just copy/paste a single value. I'll see if that can be added.
Looks like you implemented this. Great thing to have. That has saved me a lot of time just copying and pasting the HTML color code instead of having to remember R G and B values for colors.