Animator's Survival Kit now on DVD!

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Springymajig

Animator's Survival Kit now on DVD!

Post by Springymajig »

Richard Williams' essential animation guide book/master class has been filmed and animated, and is available as a 16 DVD box set for lots and lots of money!

http://www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com/promo.html

http://www.foyles.co.uk/animatorssurvivalkit.asp

For those who own the book (I should certainly hope everyone on this forum...) the cover is like... fully animated... HE'S INSANE! The man is a legend!

So... anyone got a spare £596 lying around? :P
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

:shock: I must start saving money right now.
thanks for the info. it looks absolutely great.
kevin

Post by kevin »

Wow! I'm going to try and get the library to buy it.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

unbelievable! just the walking logo animation on the homepage is worth the money :D
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Interesting... considering how much of a valuable asset the book itself has been, I'd be very tempted to buy the DVD set. The thing that does concern me a bit is that the info page regarding the DVDs says each lesson is roughly 40 minutes, yet it doesn't say how many of these "lessons" are on each disc. If it's a case that each disc contains only one 40 minute "lesson", it'd be hard to justify the $1,000 price tag for the set.

However, compared to taking college courses on the subject, $1,000 is probably a drop in the bucket combined with diligent trial and error.
8==8 Bones 8==8
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Sweet ;) I keep the book close to me at all times when animating. A real gem. Its like my textbook for animation and I refer to it a lot on a big project. Awesome stuff. Very very very good. Would be interesting to see the DVD's I must say.