Updated copy-flip bones script...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Updated copy-flip bones script...

Post by heyvern »

viewtopic.php?t=7842

I finally fixed my copy/flip bones script it so it copies the angle constraints and values and angle control values. It is still missing translation and scale constraints but I don't use those much and I needed this fix right away.

I've been thinking maybe there is a way to flip point binding on vector layers using a different script. I really really need that too.

Standard users can add this to the tool menu and use it as a button. Just put the name of the script in the _tool_list.txt file under the bone section (make sure you add "button" to the front.)

-vern
Last edited by heyvern on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I did it!

I just wrote a script that will flip vectors with point binding. If you have a skeleton with perfectly matched left and right bones with the exact same names with an extension, it will flip the points and rebind to the opposite bones.

It doesn't do the final translation but that is easy since you just change the value in the x translation from positive to negative or visa versa.

Will be posting in my scripting thread when it's ready. I've been using it most of the day. It works perfectly.

Finally a complete solution for flipping half of a character. Save a lot of time.

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Nice one Vern that'll save bulk time 8)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

OH my GOOODNESS!

you have no idea!

I got so fed up with the process that I just stopped and wrote the script. I had the bone script working which was fine... but I had a lot of point bone binding with a character and it was becoming a pain reassigning those points every time I made a change.

Now it's like a dream. If I tweak one side, I just delete the other, flip it again and it's updated.

I'm trying to code in the whole thing in one shot now. So it flips the points AND reverses the translation of the selected points. Not a real big deal but it does save a few mouse clicks.

-vern
heyvern

Updated bone script AGAIN! Works perfectly no errors.

Post by heyvern »

I completely reworked the bone flipping script. It is MUCH improved. You don't need to select any bones just run the script and type in the extensions.

I also added a vector "flipping" script that flips points on a vector layer AND flips the bone binding reference for any points that use point binding to bones.

It isn't completely done so it relies on a specific name for the bones but using my renamer script it is easy to use.

-vern