Moho Question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ColinCohen

Moho Question

Post by ColinCohen »

Hello. I just found this impressive software and I have a question for Moho users.

I currently use 3d software (Lightwave) to make short animated films. However, I end up of spending more of my time dealing with software than animating and filmmaking. So, I'm interested in possibly moving to 2d, using something simple to use so that I can focus on what really matters.

My question is, Is moho what I'm looking for? Is it truly simple to use? Or will I have the same complex issues I have with LW, such as with bones, IK, deformations, etc.? Are there a signinficant amount of bugs or other problems?

Thank you for your time.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Hello. I just found this impressive software and I have a question for Moho users.

I currently use 3d software (Lightwave) to make short animated films. However, I end up of spending more of my time dealing with software than animating and filmmaking. So, I'm interested in possibly moving to 2d, using something simple to use so that I can focus on what really matters.

My question is, Is moho what I'm looking for? Is it truly simple to use? Or will I have the same complex issues I have with LW, such as with bones, IK, deformations, etc.? Are there a signinficant amount of bugs or other problems?

Thank you for your time.
Moho is just what your looking for. It is as simple to use as you ever could wish, and still it's unlimited (well, as unlimited as any 2D-program can be). I've been trying some programs (though not Lightwave) and I usely find them very comlicated, but it took notime to learn moho. And even though it's so simple to use and learn, you can make extremly advanced animation and artwork. Check out something in the "Share your work"-section of this forum.

I'm willing to promise that however many 2D-programs you try you wont find anything evan nearly as good as moho. It's got unbelivable possibilties and the most amazing support ever to be seen; this forum.

I highly recommend Moho. You wont get dissapointed.
ColinCohen

Post by ColinCohen »

Thanks!
pixelwks

Post by pixelwks »

I'm also a 3D animator thats switched over to 2D.

Everything took forever in 3D and Pixar has raised the bar so high that I felt I could never be competative. (I still do 3D in the Architectural field so I dont feel that bad)

Moho is easy once you get past the basics.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

I've been using Lightwave since version 4.0 on the Amiga. Currently using Lightwave [8]. I basically gave up on doing 3D animation because of all the things you mentioned. It takes so much time just to do all the technical boring stuff that I got tired of it. I'm an artist and like the artistic aspect of 2D and 3D animation, not all the techie crap like rigging, rendering, lighting, etc... I found Moho like a week ago and its so easy its crazy. Very cool features in it like you'll find in 3D like bones, bone dynamics, particles, motion blur, etc...but much easier to use. Plus with moho you can import 3D objects and use them in your 2D animations! Here's some samples of characters I've done in Lightwave:
Egyptian Kitty
Mechaniclan
Samurai Robot

Here is my first moho character (after only a few days of working with the software):
Binturong (work in progress)
Samurai Kitty

Just so you can see I'm no slouch at Lightwave. Moho is absolutely the best thing I've found in years.

Disclaimer: All artwork and characters are copywrited.
Yooperville

Nice robot!

Post by Yooperville »

I like the design of the Samurai Robot. Slick ....

-- Greg.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Very nice work -both in Lightwave and Moho.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Thanks.

As you can see all those characters are in a default pose cause I never got past the modeling and texturing stage with any of them because its such a PITA in 3D. Thats the reason I began my search for a 2D animation program. I was going to use Flash, but then I found Moho and I haven't looked back since.