AVI export crash when using XviD codec

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sindarin

AVI export crash when using XviD codec

Post by Sindarin »

I searched and found a thread similar to the one I am making but since it was 2 years old and didn't provide any help, here it goes: I decided to use the XviD codec for my videos I export through Anime Studio , but at the last frame it crashes Anime Studio. The video is converted except the last frame, so my current workaround is to add a blank frame at the end of the movie. Is there any cure for this?
njoo2as

Post by njoo2as »

Hey, Ive had the same problem once I got my new computer. I was able to encode .MOV files with no problem...but now it just crashes on me...I tried xVID and I get the same exact problem as you do, last frame is not rendered.

I have found that 3ivX works fine, but the problem with 3ivx is that the max quality is 500kbps. Looks bad on papaer but it is actually very clear. As far as I know the only solution if you want to keep high quality without the program crashing on you is to export the full frames uncompressed. You will end up with very large files but the quality will remain high and there will be no crash.

If there is a way to use xvid without crashing I am all ears.