layer point count script ?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

layer point count script ?

Post by dueyftw »

I could use a way to count the points on a layer. This way I can use the morphing of the switch layer with two files that have been imported from AI by adding or removing the correct amount of points.

One way is to save the file and open in a text editor, then do a search. Got to be a better way.

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I'm not sure this would help. I am far from an expert in this, but from what I have read on this forum, it seems that these points are numbered in unique ways, and it is only by using direct copies that interpolation can work properly in switch layers.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Your right. I did some tests and the points that interpolate are not next to each other. The effect is to have one layer folding to the next, some points moving to its neighbor and others moving from one side of the screen to the other in almost a random fashion. The only way that this would work is if one had a script that renamed each point of the layer from top to bottom or left to right.

Dale
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

viewtopic.php?t=8224

This thread has the best (only) solution to that problem I've seen. Reordering points and finding point IDs has been suggested, but no one has scripted a solution yet.

:(