Captain Flame

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kankuran

Captain Flame

Post by Kankuran »

I just felt like charing two little things I made in Anime.
1) Captain Flame.
This was supposed to be a continuing episode of the super hero Captain Flame vs the evil Professor Flint. I was working at a post production company here in sweden were I developed this idea togeather with Nicola Smanio. But as I have left that job, this is the one and only 1 minute episode I guess you will see(:
The character animations where made in Anime, compositing in After Effects, Helicopter in Cinema 4D, Backrounds in Photoshop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUD4k_damk

The other one is just a quick camera move going into a forest, it is made as a intro for a commercial. I pushed Anime to the very edge in using multiple really high-res images, I hade to take away some of them as they when rendering showed up as broken images. Is is just about a couple of seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLubo3j4FSw
DarkMProductions

Post by DarkMProductions »

Gaaaaahhh, what happens next, what happens to Flameman?! Noooooooooooooo!

But any way, holy crap that is some amazing work, really incredible animation. I love the backgrounds as well, very well detailed.
EnDee321

Post by EnDee321 »

Cool bro.
Captain Flame, a brother of Indiana Jones or something? :lol: Very interesting. Good character and scene design. Show us the next part soon :wink: . See ya.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Both are amazing! Thanks for posting here as it was great to see them.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Really great. I love the design as well as the animation. So many really good series never get past the pilot stage.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Barry Baker wrote:So many really good series never get past the pilot stage.
I think that has something to do with limited bandwidth of the tv channels. Once the networks (and cable providers) go all IPTV and switch off broadcasting, this shouldn't be an issue anymore. Unfortunately, this may take another ten, twenty years, judging from the slow switch from analog to digital broadcasting.
Kankuran

Post by Kankuran »

DarkMProductions
Yes, what happened to Flame? The original story is that the end of the rope he is tied up with gets stuck in the helicopter door. So he will find himself dangeling dangerously below the heli, and dangerously above the lava (and then what? It´s all up to you). Anyway, that is all history now.

EnDee321
You could call him that, he is a superhero without any real superpower accually. Just like Indy. Unfortunately this is the only episode there is, and probably ever will be):

AmigaMan
Thanks, you are very much welcome!

Barry Baker
Yes, I agree. Here in Sweden there is not much economic fundings for developing animated series or films, unfortunately.

Cheerio!