Turn book into Movie script

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

Turn book into Movie script

Post by dueyftw »

I need someone to turn a book into a movie script.

The pay is 3 dollars a page to a 100 pages max. If it goes over that I will finish the lase few pages myself. Last time it was 82 pages, lost in a hard drive reformat.

If interested send an email with 2 to 5 pages of a properly formatted movie script to morgan_c_w(AT)hotmail(DOT)com. In word or PDF format.

If more than one person replies, my decision will be base on the script sent (looking at the format, not content) and amount of activity on this forum.

I will notify that person. After sending them a PDF to read. The PDF is unlocked, you can copy and past to clipboard. If they still want the job, I will have them post an agreement on Lulu.com that they are willing to do this job for 3 dollars a page. That agreement I will buy for 36 dollars,

Then after the first five pages, post for 18 dollars on Lulu.com. If I’m happy, I will give you the go head for the rest of the book at 3 dollars a page and posting at 3 dollars pulse Lulu’s 20 percent fee.

If you never done this type of work beware of applying, it can be very time consuming.

Dale
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Can you clarify what kind of book it is, and the style of the film - is this a live action film or animation: For live action, one page = one minute so the 100 pages will be a feature. If it is animation, the running time for a page is 30 seconds, making it around 1 hour.

Can I make the observation that $300 or less for a feature length script is low. Considering it will take around a month to write, this fee is at the very least marginal. Fees of $300 per minute are not uncommon for feature projects.

Does the fee include the corrections and rewrites? First drafts are rarely used - most films have 2-3 rewrites before they are accepted. Do you need a synopsis done first before the writing is done - with a budget so tight, there is little room for the "I don't like this interpretation of the book, the starting point or whatever".

Rhoel
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The story in the book could be done as live action or animation.

I need an almost direct copy of the dialog of the book in a movie script format, not animation, or any other. No changes, unless its spelling that the editor or myself missed. Nothing elaborate on the scene settings. Mostly copy and paste the dialog. It will be going to script contests, they want to read the story, not huge descriptions of scene settings or camera directions.

The last time I reformatted the book it took me a about a week. But it's a real pain, keeping track of each scene descriptions, and I'm very slow at typing.

If you don't have an editor that has the tools to do movie scripts it's not worth it.

As far as changes, rewrites, synopsis, logline, I will do them myself. If it needs a rewrite, and most likely it will. I will handle that myself or get help if needed.

I don't need this right away. If it's done in 3 to 4 weeks, that's fine.

The PDF can be found at:

http://www.freedrive.com/file/296687

in a zip.

I need pages 11 to 105.

An example from page 11 would be:
EX: Old woman pulling child down hill to a hut by a plateau's cliff edge.

EX: Flyer's hut.

Old woman- open

(no response)

Old woman -open!

Dale

Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Please check your PM/emails.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

This job is closed. Thank you

Dale