SM finally notifies users about AS & AS Pro update!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dazza101

SM finally notifies users about AS & AS Pro update!

Post by dazza101 »

I received a notice from Content Paradise this afternoon which finally announces the update to v5.6:

Already Own Anime Studio?
Anime Studio 5.6 FREE Update Now Available

Anime Studio 5.6 is now available for Macintosh and Windows, free to registered owners of Anime Studio and Anime Studio Pro.

This update includes several feature enhancements:

Anime Studio

* Animated Layer Re-ordering
Anime Studio 5.6 lets you re-order the 2D layers in a scene as much as you want during the course of an animation. This makes it easy to simulate 3D effects like objects moving in front of and behind each other.

* Path Animation
You can now control the movement of a layer using the Translate Layer tool by directly clicking and dragging on its path. This makes it easy to see and control where a layer is going to move over time.

* Texture Image Warping
Anime Studio lets you assign an image file to be used as a texture to fill in vector shapes. Previously, these images would just be drawn on the canvas in a fixed orientation, however the vector shape would move. Now, these texture images automatically warp with the vector shape as it gets moved and bent by the bones system. This allows for more realistic texturing of objects in Anime Studio.

Updates and Upgrades for Anime Studio and Anime Studio Pro.

ANIME STUDIO
PRO UPGRADE
Save now and take advantage of more features!

Special Upgrade Offer: Upgrade to Anime Studio Pro for only $99.99 - save 33%!

For a limited time, upgrade from Anime Studio to Anime Studio Pro for only $99.99 --- that's $50 off the regular price of $149.99. Step up to the Pro version and take advantage of everything Anime Studio has to offer. Here are just a few highlights:

Anime Studio Pro

* Leverage built-in special effects and powerful scripting capabilities.
* Import 3D files and turn your canvas into a 3D stage with X, Y and Z coordinates.
* Fine tune your animations with advanced timeline controls.
* Import EPS and AI file formats and export layered Photoshop® files.
* Create animations of unlimited length and output film quality resolution up to 9000 x 9000 pixels.

Harness the power of Anime Studio Pro and take your animations to the next level. Upgrade to Anime Studio Pro now for only $99.99 and save 33% today. Hurry, this offer ends April 30, 2008.

Note: For some reason the 33% discount only applies to the English version, they are only offering a 25% discount for the French version upgrade.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Like always they forgot to mention the linux update :?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Not an hour to late...
Oh, and I see that it available for both Apple and Microsoft computers...
Despite the /mac/ in the link it is also available for linux but that is of course not worth mentioning.
(http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/animepro/updates.html)
Sorry, I tend to get a bit bitter this late and I think Smith Micro is a shitty company. Mike get your things out of there as soon as you can!

edit: you beat me Genete.
CoffeeStained

Post by CoffeeStained »

Yay! Winston's smiling face! AGAIN!!!

*delete startup.anme*
fugdabug

Well...

Post by fugdabug »

Got the mail this a.m. downloaded and re-registered, didn't dig in to it yet. However it was nice to hear from the SmithMicro folks. Decided to check out the site, as I didn't see anything noted right off as a change in the app.,.. so had to hit the forum. Let's see what real difference we get out of the interface. Thanks for the note, at least I will know what to test out first.
"'member boys and girls,...mr. Grenade is our friend and will protect us! BUT when we pull the pin on mr. Grenade, we want him over there with our enemies far awaaaay from us,.. because he isn't our friend any more!!!" -sum flung dung the wise.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Hey all, sorry if I'm missing something, but I can't get the layer order anim or path adjusting to work. The texture deformation works well, but if I change the layer orders it doesn't animate. Anyone else have this problem?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Layers must be in a bone or group to animate the order.

-vern
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Thanks dude :)