My Sort-of Tribute to Terry Gilliam

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arthbard

My Sort-of Tribute to Terry Gilliam

Post by arthbard »

... And also probably the most immature thing I've ever, ever done.

Just warning you, is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZM5bUqGf8
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

*still trying to breath*

Oh boy. I thought I don't like fart gags, but this one ... And it's great that you play it completely over the top in the end.

(Don't read any further unless you've seen the clip to the end!)

OK. Seriously. I think it could be improved if it were not that long - maybe only 4 or 5 minutes. It is very lengthy in the beginning, and director and actress use too many too long pauses in their text. A classic sketch structure would have shortend it, it wouldn't need so many retakes.

The voices are popping too much, that's distracting.

I'd like to have different ambients on the voices: actress in a dead room like it is now, but the director maybe a bit further apart.

The flowing hair in the end is not good enough, I think. Everything else is fine.

I really like to see this in a packed cinema to learn how audience responses to it. It's good enough for it.

Ah, and I couldn't get it to play the credits slow enough to read them.
arthbard

Post by arthbard »

Thanks for the feedback, Sowtiger.
Oh boy. I thought I don't like fart gags, but this one ...
Believe it or not, I usually feel the same way, but I basically cracked myself up when the idea for this popped in my head, and I don't generally manage to do that with my own jokes.

I know the hair animation was a bit crappy, but I wasn't clever enough to think how to do it better within this animation style.

You're probably right about the length. Fewer takes probably wouldn't hurt, and I possibly let my love of awkward pauses get the better of me.

With that said, though, I do have to admit a sort of perverse satisfaction at having created what is little more than (okay, no more than) an eight-minute-long fart joke.