Version 5.6

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Woohooo!

Love that new texture fill. Works just like I hoped. The cool thing is you can layer two image textures (transparent png).

This means using named styles you could layer up to 6 images (crazy!). Then you can still add other shape effects like shading, halo whatever.

The is a great new feature.

-vern
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Can someone post an explanation about how to use the animated later ordering?
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

Hi,
I've downloaded it and did install it above the existing installation
(Yes, I have made a security copy first).
ASP started without trouble and without a nagscreen.
Hm, maybe I will see it in the next 30 days? :wink:
Maybe the Windows version works "better" than the Mac OSX?
I will try that, too.
Bye.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I even expect Anime Studio to be sold off to another party, because SM was after Poser, not "that other stuff". Poser is sexy.

Anime Studio is a lot of honest hard work by a small minority of creative people. In fact, where Anime Studio is now is largely due to members in this forum, using the software, finding its limits and then the workarounds to go beyond the specifications (which prompted new features).
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Animated layer order is very simple. Just go to any frame and move the layer up or down or anywhere in the layer palette. That sets the key frame automatically.

There is a new "channel" in the timeline. Scroll down and you see a layer order channel where those keys are placed.

-vern
Manu

Post by Manu »

teotoon wrote:Hey, where are the new features? I could not find the animatable layer ordering...
It only seems to work inside groups (normal ones and bone groups...). I've only played around with it for 10 minutes, but that's what I've discovered so far.

I'm not too sure about the motion paths. The Quicktime Mike showed suggested that you could add points to the path by just clicking on it. So far, I can only get it to work the way it did before.
knunk

Post by knunk »

I just re bought the Mac version. Never even noticed it was a new version. Very sloppy from Smith Micro. What actually are the new features? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

Jez
knunk

Post by knunk »

I just re bought the Mac version. Never even noticed it was a new version. Very sloppy from Smith Micro. What actually are the new features? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

Jez
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Should I add another complaint here? <bg> I hate to look a gift horse...

I've never gotten an upgrade on ANY software that didn't have some kind of doc that explained what was new and how to use it. Apparently some people understand what might be new (like Vern and the new texture thingee) and although I "get" the layer ordering even then it would be nice to have known it worked only within groups.

As for the path edit stuff -- well, that would be seriously useful but if there is magic in getting it to work (or it isn't there at all) once again that would be nice to know.

I guess I should just be happy that I was able to get the download, right? (Well, I *can* use layer ordering in nearly all my projects, so that's nice).
Genete

Post by Genete »

:( :( :? :cry:

No linux update :arrow: linux users cannot open newer .anme files :arrow: Genete cannot help on newbies problems :arrow: Genete is out of AS community. :(

Sad but simple.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Genete wrote:Genete cannot help on newbies problems Genete is out of AS community. :(
Here is a recipe how to convert a 5.6 document into a 5.5 document:
  • at line 2, replace "version 15" with "version 14"
  • find all lines with "layer_ordering", and delete that line, plus anything between (and including) the next "[" and "]"
I'm sure someone can automate this with a script.
muuvist

Editing motion paths

Post by muuvist »

If your using a Mac hold down the CMD key and you can now drag points on the layer motion path and you can also add points by clicking on the path.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yeah, it's the CTRL key on a PC -- I figured this out about two minutes after I made my post.

And that's very cool -- still don't understand the new fill thingee Vern's talking about, but I'm a happy camper so far.

(And Genete -- I feel your pain. Let's hope the Linux version gets released as well).
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Okay, just another observation.

At least three new features have been added... but the help file is the same (for example, it still says layer order cannot be animated).

Even if no README doc were included, the help file should at least have been changed. This is very very sloppy (what would it have taken? About five minutes of someone's time?)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

They want to test their forum user's intellectual capabilities. The first one who can name all new features wins a ride through an unamed vietnamese animation studio.