free tutorials from Jason Ryan ...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stinkyu111

free tutorials from Jason Ryan ...

Post by stinkyu111 »

i signed up to a up and coming animation tutorials web site by Jason Ryan

he works for Disney (was working for animation mentor )

he is a site for free video tutorials ( he calls ramp up video's )

the website:copy and paste the whole line below

http://www.screencast.com/users/JasonRy ... 0Tutorials

if want to learn more go to www.jasonryananiamtion.com

Steve

i think there was a post about Jason somewhere on this board a ways back
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

That first website asks for a password. Can't get into it.
The second URL is a bad URL. Server not found.
Corrected URL is http://www.jasonryananimation.com
rplate

Post by rplate »

No password needed if you go here.I just erased the url back to the( ".com")
It shows how to register but you can click and go to more training screen cast at the bottom of the page.

Bob P
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

OK. I tried that too. Still no go. I get some lists of tutorials on trigonometry, etc. but nothing about the tutorials you mentioned in your post.

--gary
stinkyu111

Post by stinkyu111 »

sorry about that ..the link i used didn't ask for a password

Jason did include one in the mail lol

JRA

i hope that works better

Steve
stinkyu111

Post by stinkyu111 »

fiziwig wrote:That first website asks for a password. Can't get into it.
The second URL is a bad URL. Server not found.
Corrected URL is http://www.jasonryananimation.com
this is for the people that missed out on the free tutorials

go to the main site and click on CONNECT and you will see all the newletters with the link to the tutorials list.

tip: in the newsletter click the image of the video in the newletter and view the video ....( link below so you can download it )

Steve
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Nice tutorials!

Thanks for the tip, Steve.

Ron
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

stinkyu111 wrote: tip: in the newsletter click the image of the video in the newletter and view the video ....( link below so you can download it )

Steve
Ummm....

I guess either this part of the instructions doesn't work on either machine that I use every day, or it's a little to vague for me to know what you're referring to, or he's simply changed the site and the free tutorials feature is removed.

It ain't working for me either way!
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Try here and enter "JRA" as the password.

Ron
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

That works. Thanks!
Mavricksbaba

An important question

Post by Mavricksbaba »

Hey, I'm new here. Uh let me get down to the point, I am pretty sure animators are very artistic and know how to draw. I for one am not blessed with such an ability but i have a great story telling talent. I'm trying to start up a production company and i'd like to build skills in game designs and animation. I bought the software and i'm having a hard time because drawing isn't my strong point. I'm hoping this software doesn't require you to have such an ability but is it a must? What can i do to get around such a thing? Does this software really need you to draw? if it does i might have a problem.
Genete

Post by Genete »

It doesn't matter if you use a paper and a pencil, Anime Studio or any other drawing tool. The tool doesn't give you the skills....
...but,
If you have drawing skills and you use a new tool to draw that never have used before you should have some training to extract from the tool your best artistic abilities.

Learning to draw (properly) is one thing (hard for people like me with not native skills for that) and learning to animate is other thing. To animate properly there is not absolute need to have drawing skills. It is a question of harmonize the drawings with the timing (from a simplistic point of view). But to make a great animation you should join both together: drawing skills and animation skills.

People that not have drawing skills solve that problem acquiring pre made characters and props. Then they focus only in the animation.

Animation skills are acquired by observation (real life and other animations) and very much training.

Welcome to the animation world. :)

-G
DAWK

Post by DAWK »

UHHH...Hold-on there pardner(like yosemty sam says) i-I just joined this forum ,and today,my copy of 'as' arived.
I do NOT 'draw' anything and I have over 200 characters and dozens of backgrounds,plastered all-over the net,which are all made from "photo collage+digital scans-macros etc. of gems minerals and fossils.
Still do not know what 'vector' means,but asume it is an image of sorts of a self created cartoon character,either 'drawn' or rendered via any-many styles. Google 'DAWK LIFE ON MARZ; first page,there several sites to see what my toon-shizen looks like.
I just plunkked-doown on sale?>>>118 bucks for 'as' and hope (I) also got the 'updates, like the dude who looka like seinfeld's 'newman' with the doodled face paint,love that guy-already,as his rant was 'excellent'.Can he be hired?
Am not showing off,but my characters better (BE) animate-able in 'as'!; or will be very dissapointed,since the ads say lots of 'yes' you-can....comments.
cheerz from DAWK
am an grapphic artist,developing a toon concept 'actual gemstone cartoons' using gems-minerals-fossils via photo collaged into adobe photoshop 7,for art images-cartoon cells-animation-books comics-games etc.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

DAWK wrote:my characters better (BE) animate-able in 'as'!; or will be very dissapointed,since the ads say lots of 'yes' you-can....comments.
cheerz from DAWK
Uh... yeah... that's how software gets sold. Lots of "yes you can". It's up to the buyer to be aware.... sorry.... beware. ;)

I don't know if your characters can be animated. That would be up to you. I know AS can do it... but it isn't always about the software. It's about what the artist does with the software. I make assumptions about what is possible with AS because I know how to make it work for me. Not everyone has the patience to learn a tool.

Anyone can buy a paint brush... it it doesn't work for you it isn't because the paintbrush was defective.

You probably should have tried the demo if you are worried about being disappointed.

p.s. I googled "DAWK LIFE ON MARZ" and... uh... maybe you could just post an actual link directly to your work? I had no idea what link to click on that "page" of links.

You