No File->Render?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AssassinTRIP

No File->Render?

Post by AssassinTRIP »

I'm sorry if this has already been posted and answered. I looked around and didn't see anything..

I'm running Anime Studio 5 on my mac.
I just got my mac back from repairs and I really want to use this software to it's full potential. Now that my mac doesn't freeze up non-stop, i can. w00t!

But I've encountered a problem.
In the users manual located at:
tutorials>basics>simple shapes
down the page right above 'final result', it reads
"You can see the result of this fill by selecting File->Render. A window will appear, displaying the final output of the project so far. Close the window when you're done."
but in Anime Studio 5, there is no such render button. =/
is there a different way to get around this?
maybe like a 'hot key' or something? (like hit command 3 to render)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. =D
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

They neglect to mention that File > Render is in the PRO version only, not the basic version.

To see the rendered result in non-PRO version you have to use File > Export Animation. You CAN just export just one frame of the animation if that's all you want to see.

(BTW: Everybody who starts out on Anime Studio Non-Pro version asks this question. I asked it myself just a few weeks ago when I started.)

--gary
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

And the render feature is being "put back in" to the standard version on the next update.
-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Someone on an earlier thread hinted at this but when the great Vern mentions something my ears stand up and I pay attention -- so pretty obviously you are aware of an update, Vern, and I'm guessing from that other post it's something we'll see sooner rather than later.

Hate to try and press but do you suppose (even with an NTP) you could even hint at when we might expect this? Like by quarter? (I'd guess 3rd QT based on these scant few remarks). And would I be pressing my luck to ask for just an idea of whether these are only bug fixes or whether there will be some (please, please) enhancements?
GardenGuy

Post by GardenGuy »

Currently in the AS Standard version if I File Render it renders the frame you are on in a window (with no chance to save the picutre) and File Export animation lets you render a number of frames in a video format (AVI and MOV are the only choices).

Fiziwig mentions using the export animation to a single frame but that gives me one frame in a video format. (AVI or MOV)

Will the update to File Render allow me to save one frame of the animation in a picture format? (I seem to recall reading that you Pro users can already export a single frame to a picture format)

If not, then a question for ya.... If I use my current File Render to render a single frame in a window, since I can't save it , would I lose any quality if I render it the size I want, hit Print Screen, paste it in Paint and crop out everything from the screen print but the picture and save that picture in Paint as a JPG the same size as the render.....(phew)....would I lose quality of the picture I've saved from what I rendered in the non-saveable window?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have no information about the update. I just assume it is close due to the release of the book. Also the person who mentioned the update in that other thread I think heard this from support at Smith Micro. Of course we've been told by employees at efrontier about updates coming soon that never happened so best to just wait and see. It can't be too long now. Personally I think the hold up on the update was due to the purchase by Smith Micro.

As far as printing the screen, if you have a large enough monitor to do it in one shot that would work fine. Even if you can't get it in one screen grab you could pan around and get it in "chunks" and stitch it together. The render option is displayed at 100%.

I thought the the standard version allowed export to image format like PNG or GIF? Not true?

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

I thought the the standard version allowed export to image format like PNG or GIF? Not true?
Nop.

http://graphics.smithmicro.com/article/ ... 3?sbss=983

And regarding to the File->Render:

http://graphics.smithmicro.com/article/ ... 177/1/936/

Let's help

Post by 1999 »

In request to your reply the website, content paradise(CP) is the way to go if you have a key to download it. :oops:
Nice!