How to get rid of the default character (dude!) on start up!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nanticokerailroad

How to get rid of the default character (dude!) on start up!

Post by nanticokerailroad »

This may have been addressed by someone many moons ago, but since I'm fairly new I wasn't around for the old moon! I would like to post this tidbit of info. If you are like me, after using this program for awhile I find the character that appears when starting up the program to be rather annoying. He's a nice guy but I never invited him to the party! Here's how to get rid of him:

If your on a Mac like me your program should be in the Applications folder unless you put it some place else when you installed. Go into the folder called Anime Studio Pro or Anime Studio (for the basic program), then go into the Startup folder. There is a file called StartupFile.anme ((that's him!)), or at least the project file that opens him. If you don't want to delete him and save him you can just move the file into the folder next to it called Winsor_45_images ,that's the folder with all of his body parts.

Important: if you want to pull him out and play around with him again you must move him back to the location where you found him; in the main startup folder or he probably won't load properly. All the files for a project (animation sequence) are linked together in a certain order when you create them and if you change the location, well...... good luck trying to figure out what happened to your project!. I learned this the hard way. If you can help it, DON'T MOVE YOUR OWN FILES AROUND WITH THIS PROGRAM!!!

Now when you start the program your up and running with a clean slate! In the title bar at the top of the interface you will see that it reverts to the default Untitled.anme (name it when you save it). Take Care. Mike,

WARNING: With regards to the Anime Studio official guide. There is a CD that has tutorials that use this little guy from time to time! I'm not sure if moving him will cause certain tutorials not to work. The author may be accessing this file for some of his tutorials, I'm not sure.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

This has been covered before and I think is in tips. The startup file is useful as it can carry all your own presets.

One option is to go into the startup directory and copy and save the original as cooy_startup.anime.

Next open Anime Studio and delete any layer you don't want. Change the Project setting sto your own TV format, fps, things like the sort by depth etc. If you want you can add style if you use a specific colour palette.

I also have my own 16:9 4:3 safe area guide which I have permanently in - its "immune to camera movement" and "do not paint this layer" etc.

When you are happy, save the file as the default startup.anime, overwriting the one that is there. Close and reopen AS and lo and behold, all your setting are there.

People have found other ways of using this file - I am sure they will kick a few ideas into the ring.

Rhoel
InfoCentral

Re: How to get rid of the default character (dude!) on start

Post by InfoCentral »

nanticokerailroad wrote:This may have been addressed by someone many moons ago, but since I'm fairly new I wasn't around for the old moon! I would like to post this tidbit of info. If you are like me, after using this program for awhile I find the character that appears when starting up the program to be rather annoying. He's a nice guy but I never invited him to the party!
I know what you mean. They have the same guy on start up every time you open up SketchUp. I just delete him automatically and begin my work.