Anime Studio Pro companion software?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Barnabas

Anime Studio Pro companion software?

Post by Barnabas »

Hi.

I just bought AS Pro, for a project I start working on, as soon as I can use the software  :D

I was wondering what other software you, the users of AS, use for your AS Pro projects?

BTW. I'm on a Mac.

Barnabas.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Anything I need for a job. I will not mention sound programs. For preparing artwork I use Photoshop. For editing video I use Final Cut. Flash for web animation. Mirage for bitmap animation.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

A lot of folks will use post production compositing software, like Combustion or After Effects (but if you have to ask about them you probably can't afford them -- they are relatively high end tools).
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Combustion or After Effects (but if you have to ask about them you probably can't afford them -- they are relatively high end tools).
You don't have to use those though. VisionLab or CompositeLab from FXHome Software will do the job just as well in most cases....
http://fxhome.com/products/

I use VirtualDub (free) for compiling my rendered frames back into an uncompressed video file for editing. One of my favourite painting aps is TwistedBrush ...
http://www.pixarra.com/
Which is a great deal cheaper than Photoshop and I get more use out of it.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I use Photoshop, Gimp, Bryce, Carrara,Vue Poser and I was using ToonBooom for compositing but now I just use AS.

Dale
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

I'm not on a Mac, I use the Windows Vista (64 bit) (I'm not crazy, I swear).

This is the software we are currently using for our feature length animated film project:

1. Movie Magic Screenwriter for writing the screenplay and production scripts for the animated film.

2. MorphVox Pro for character voice morphing - sound track recording.

3. Audacity for soundtrack editing (generating wav files).

4. Anime Pro for animation (including drawing all characters and backgrounds).

5. Papgayo for generating dat files for character lip synch.

6. Gimp for generating transparent pngs or editing pngs created from Anime.

7. VideoImpression 2.0 for converting mov files (from Anime) to dv avi files.

8. Windows Movie Maker for compiling/editing avi files, adding transitions, generating a final wmv file for internet upload or playback on a computer.

9. Windows DVD Maker to burn a dvd of the final animated film.

Not pretty -- but it gets the job done for the quality we are looking for. Note we do all of our effects and "shots" in Anime using switch layers and the camera option. For this project we don't have the need for a high end after effects program.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Wooohooo!

MorphVox looks GREAT! I tried something like it a few years ago but the quality was AWFUL. It looks like they are getting better with this technology. The samples were clean and crisp.

Soon as I put the new power supply in my PC I will be trying the demo.

-vern
JCook

Post by JCook »

I'm using ASP on a Mac. Along with ASP I use Photoshop, and Illustrator. For movie compression and conversion I use VisualHub, and for compositing movie segments together and putting in titles or subtitles I use Norkross Movie, and sometimes iMovie. And Quicktime, of course. Audacity is a good, free sound editing program. Some of my animations involve editing together 2D and 3D scenes, so to make the 3D animation scenes I use Cinema 4D.

Jack
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Apart from Photoshop CS, some of the software I I use is Cantabile with various free VST plugins for soundtracks, as well as Audacityfor sound editing; PD Pro 4.1 for painting and some other effects & compositing; also ArtRage for paint work; as well as Virtual Dub for video. Also, I use various PS pulgins, such as the free (and surprisingly powerful) Impressionist; Virtual Photographer from opticVerve; Xero and some, but not all free Redfield plugins - for funky backgrounds. For Flash I use the inexpensive Koolmovesand SwishVideo 2 - which really simplifies the process of creating a swf or flv version of the final video. Although I have yet to find a video editor that I really find satisfying, at a price I can afford...