Crippling bug preventing successful use. Huge Issue.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zyrolasting

Crippling bug preventing successful use. Huge Issue.

Post by zyrolasting »

This extremely annoying bug that appeared out of nowhere for no obvious reason has been preventing me from working.

It began with crashing while working with image layers/imports. Always in the browser window. Crashes, no dialog or anything.

Next, it got worse. Now, I worked several hours on an animated sprite for my project, and was about to export to BMP. I began, and it only rendered one layer, ignoring the visible layers. Yes, both in settings and editing view.

I tried again, then it exported only blank images equal to the frames. (650) The software crashed again. I double clicked the project file, and I get THIS.

Cannot open file. Read code error at line 426 in code file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike Clifton\My Documents\Develop\lm_tree\lib_moho\animvec3.cpp, line 67

As I'm sure you've figured out, this path does not even exist on my PC.
Nor did any keyword appear in the project file in Notepad using ctrl+f.

I can't even work now! Only a few files on my PC altogether manage to open! How can this happen, especially after managing to work just fine for a while?!

ZoneAlarm Scans show no viruses or spyware on my computer. This is just... Happening. Can ZoneAlarm interfere even when shut down? It's shut down 95% of the time I'm using the PC.

Here is the mediafire URL to the project file if you need it.

fatigue temp.anme
http://www.mediafire.com/?b9ia2ixasze
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hi!
I think I've fixed your file!

When I opened the file I obtained the same message than you and could not open the file. But when I read "animvec3.cpp" in the error message I guess that something weird have happened to the file related to layer 3D keyframes. And voila! I found it so quick! I opened the file in a text editor and read the keyframes values looking a mean less value. I found this at line 426:

Code: Select all

460 4 0 1.#INF 0 0.5 0 
And replaced it by this:

Code: Select all

460 4 0.1 0.5 0 0.5 0
Now the file works!

Here is the file if you want to check it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f31l1bld51l

You should report this bug directly to e-frontier. The problem was in the anme file not in the program. But the origin for that weird value can be any interference with the operating system, other program or ... I don't know.

Good luck.
-G
zyrolasting

Post by zyrolasting »

Talk about quick and helpful!

Thanks much! I'll see if I can get this reported. I wish I knew what I did to cause this.

EDIT: Ohhhh wait, wait, wait. I think I found the reason.

in frame 460, I had a keyframe Noisy of both values 0. That was my novice mistake really, since I'm best at still images. Only just now animating. :oops: Thought that would stop a Noisy I set beforehand. Now that I see that keyframe has values again...

It still confuses me why it affected my OTHER files... They work now, but... Kind funky how that interferes.
Genete

Post by Genete »

in frame 460, I had a keyframe Noisy of both values 0
If this was the reason then the bug is fairly caught! If you can reproduce it again (with a dummy file) then I think you can report properly to e-frontier because you know how to repeat it.

If it was the problem then AS should prevent to let the user insert a 0; 0 values for noise keyfraemes...

-G