Anime-Like Cutscenes.

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diegoale2000

Anime-Like Cutscenes.

Post by Diegoale2000 »

Hello everyone, once Again, I'm posting because i have a mixture of questions and job openings :oops:

So, let me explain a bit...

First of all, the job would be for the Indie RPG 'Dreams: Essences of Life'
Webpage: http://www.dreamseol.blogspot.com

I have been considering having animated cutscenes for the most important sections of the game, especially the introduction and the Ending.
We're working on a Song for the intro, which would be a very symbolic "music video" kinda thing. like an opening for a show or something like that.

The ending is a Mixture of Dialogue and Music too.

I Won't lie and say that they're "Easy" in fact, they're rather cinematic, and I'd like to avoid the thing that a lot of Flash animations seem to suffer...the FLATNESS.
I want it to feel anime-ish.

I have a 3d Artist who's willing to do All the animations for around 2000 dollars, (it's not all paid at the same time, in fact he offered for me to pay around $50 a month)

There's around 7 - 9 mins of animations. they're not continuous, some cutscenes last 1-2 mins, while others last 5 minutes, etc.

(Did some calculations on the Cutscenes that are REALLY needed in such style)

but anyways... My main preocupation, apart from money ( :roll: ) is STYLE. I don't want to have inconsistencies in the art style of the game. SO, the official art looks like this:

I have background artists who'd be willing to help in the creation of the Backdrops, etc... I have voice actors and everything needed. I can take care of the final compositing (sound wise, etc) I can also take care of some particle effects in post production.

If someone feels they can give me a better price or a matching price and provide a style and feel that would match the game and be of good quality, please contact me to: hotelito@hotmail.com (MSN/EMAIL)

ALSO, I Can defeinitely go over the limit of 2000, BUT only if I'm allowed to pay on a monthly basis. my income is NOT high, but i still try the best i can for my game.
Last edited by Diegoale2000 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hmm...

Well, I already applied for your other job. If you accept me for that, I could knock together some tests for this to see how things turn out.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

$2000 for 20 minutes...

Yikes! That's only $100 a minute. Good luck getting a cheaper price. You may find there are a few people here who are falling off their chairs laughing right now.

Make sure you know what you're getting for that price.

-vern
Neil

Post by Neil »

Well, like I said in my E-mail to him, at this stage I wouldn't mind doing it for free. It might just... take me a while to do it.
Diegoale2000

Post by Diegoale2000 »

Scratch that O_o, the guy would do around 20 minutes for a total of around 2000. but the cutscenes that I want animated only add up to a total of 7 - 9 Minutes Max. (Only Beginning and Ending)

I KNOW it's not much at all, but it's the price I was given. i don't expect anyone to go ahead and lower their prices for me, but no need to be pedantic. I have never worked with Commissions for animations, and It seems the price ive been given is quite a bargain. the only thing that worries me is the output, as the game is mainly 2d , 3d cutscenes may look a bit off.