Please help: ONION skin move history

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

montblankdesign

Please help: ONION skin move history

Post by montblankdesign »

I am animating a worm moving on a hill. I created an action which moves the worm forward about 1/3 the length of his body. In mainview I have used several instances of this action and was going to use the translate layer tool to move the layer in time with the actions. When I set an onion skin on the end of the action and then translate the layer the onion skin moves and I can't get the worm located. I thought I could use the grid but it moves with translate layer as well.
Any suggestions. I have been through the tutorial.

PS is there a searchable PDF of the manual?
I do cartoons and make music. I like to make music because John K is not likely to tell me I am doing it wrong.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Maybe you have "Relative frames" checked on at the Onionskin options?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Several possibilities here. Could you show us an example? Preferably one with the worm without layer translations, and one with.
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

This is how I do my walk cycles. You need to have the layer translation keyframed on each frame you have onionskinned so it will stay in place.
montblankdesign

onion skin a matter of keyframing layers - of Course!

Post by montblankdesign »

jhbmw007 wrote:This is how I do my walk cycles. You need to have the layer translation keyframed on each frame you have onionskinned so it will stay in place.
I got it! I must have bbeen doing this on previous animations without thinking
I do cartoons and make music. I like to make music because John K is not likely to tell me I am doing it wrong.