Tablet PC's?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

Tablet PC's?

Post by jhbmw007 »

Well, there wasn't an "other hardware" section so I'm posting this here. Does anyone know if a tablet PC would be a good tool for animation? Mainly, do they have pressure sensitivity and work like a Wacom? Any good cheaps ones you'd recommend?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I use one. It's an Acer Travelmate. I like it, but the processor really needs to be faster, because the "lag" sometimes is very obtrusive. If you can get one with a fast processor, go for it! Better than using a Wacom tablet (and I've got one of those too, so I should know!

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dragon silk

work like a Wacom?..

Post by dragon silk »

Yes, there are many that work LIKE a Wacom. Just like a VW will drive along a road like a Bently ... it is just the experience of the trip for the passenger that makes the difference!
The 6x8 Intuos 3 I have, is used with PhotoShop, Illustrator, the GIMP, and a ton of other apps for graphics. It works with AS quite nicely, but some of the features in the intro model of AS I have do not interface with the pen very well.
The tablet is available on Amazon.com for $279.99. There are less expensive tablets that work as a good graphics tablet... so it just depends on your budget and how often you are intending to use the tablet and the longevity and reliability you want out of the product. The sensitivity and interface and options (I am using WinXP and FedoraCore 7, on separate discs.) are most excellent, and the fineness of detail is outstanding... as is the ease of customizing the interface. so I guess I would say for the money... get the Intuos! :wink:
The world should be glad I'M NOT KING!