More than one .dat per switch layer.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

darkmatter

More than one .dat per switch layer.

Post by darkmatter »

There is no way to have more than one .dat file in a mouth switch layer? :?

It was a big audio file, so I made various .dat files so it was easier for me to lyp synch :roll:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

No, there isn't. I'm trying to think of a solution:

1. .dat files are plain text, so you could theoretically copy&paste everything together. BUT then the frame numbers will not be correct. It would be unnecessary much work to correct them by hand.

2. You could duplicate the mouth switch layer for each .dat file and make it visible/invisible where needed.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When I split up large audio files for lip sync I usually have a separate AS file for each section of audio.

If the audio is a long continuous shot that is split up, just do a save as for each file and start with the last frame of one as the beginning of the next sequence.

Or as suggested use multiple mouth switch layers... the problem with that is there is only one sound track per AS file so you would have to replace the sound track file and offset it the length of the previous one, if the animation is the entire length of all the audio together.

-vern
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

There's an even more complicated solution here ...

Think of a 3 min sound file. Duplicate it. Now go into the first copy and replace the last 2 min with silence. Go into the 2nd file and replace the first and the last minute with silence. In the 3rd file ... well, you got the idea.

Now you have 3 files with only 1 min of sound in it to be track-read. The resulting .dat files will have the correct frame numbers for each, so if you contacenate the files into one the numbers are correct. Should work with the original 3 min soundfile in AS.