QuickTime Export and AE CS3?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wyrm

QuickTime Export and AE CS3?

Post by wyrm »

After installing After Effects CS3, ASP crashes when I try to export an animation via QuickTime. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing After Effects and QuickTime. Anyone else having a problem with QuickTime?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

- Do you work on Mac?
- Did you export to QT before?

If your answers are yes and no, then it's the known bug. You can export to QT with the help of Batch Export.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

If, like me you gave in to Apples pestering to upgrade Quicktime and you are using Vista you now probably can't use Quicktime at all........... :(
So yes there is a tiny quicktime problem at the moment. Not sure it's your problem though.
wyrm

Post by wyrm »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows XP and I was able to export to QT before.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Try the Batch Render option (File-batch render). I find this helps on the odd occasion. Otherwise, this is pretty unusual behavior.
--Scott
cribble.net
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

This makes me scary for the future...
I don't have AE CS3 but it was in my thoughts for the future, next year or so...
It seems, using Anime Studio on an other Windows PC would be necessary.
wyrm

Post by wyrm »

I'm not 100% sure that it's because of After Effects but I don't know what else it could be. Also, batch export crashes as well.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

AE can't possibly be the culprit. Have a close look at your QT installation. Did AE came with QT? If yes, was it a different version than what was installed before?
marcotronic

Post by marcotronic »

Hello,

I´ve just tried to export a quicktime animation out of ASpro and it crashes, too!!! A few days ago I was able to export quicktime animations without problems. I´ve updated my ASPro a few days ago to version 5.5. This could be the problem. I think I try to re-install version 5.0 again and see what happens...

@wyrm: which version of AS do you use (Also 5.5???)

Marco
marcotronic

Post by marcotronic »

Hello again,

I´ve re-installed my original version (the one before the update a couple of days ago) which also had the version number 5.5 (I thought my original version was 5.0 but it was 5.5)

But the Quicktime export still doesn´t work (AS still crashes). This is really strange? Does anybody else have sudden problems with their quicktime export (Win XP). I´ve also installed the latest quicktime version again but nothing helped...

Strange, strange...

Marco
cribble

Post by cribble »

Lil Experiment: Try uninstalling After Effects and see what happens...
--Scott
cribble.net
wyrm

Post by wyrm »

My ASPro version is 5.5. I'm going to try uninstalling After Effects. I'm not sure if AE setup modified any QT files, but I uninstalled and re-installed QT several times since then. I had to uninstall QT for now as it was also causing my browser (Opera 9.23) to crash when a webpage tried to load QT content.
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

I too have this problem. I'm more than certain its the Quicktime update that screws with AS renderer since I was able to export just fine before. I'm sure downgrading QT will fix this.
"Queso"
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Again: please check your Quicktime version. I use 7.1.5 on a Mac with OS 10.4.11, and this works with Moho 5.3 as well as with AnimeStudio 5.5.

A quick search digs up several problems with QT on Vista. Make sure to really get the latest install from Apple. I've seen graphic cards mentioned, so it seems to be possible that some combinations work and others don't.
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

I think that after the 3rd try, downloading from here http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ ,I can safely rule out the upgrade as a solution (unless apple decides to upload a brand new upgrade with an actual "FIX"). The culprit is obviously the QT upgrade. slowtiger, of course your not experiencing the problem, you are on a Mac. different Operating System. and no, I do not use either After effects or Vista. so no, the problem can't be there either. It all happened after I upgraded QT. and to top it all off, I'm unable to downgrade.
"Queso"