Sorry ...another BONE BINDING problem.... arrrgh!!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AngryMonster

Sorry ...another BONE BINDING problem.... arrrgh!!

Post by AngryMonster »

Hi,

Can someone please help me with my bone set up on this dude...

http://www.scragglemuffin.com/anime/model03.anme

As you will see :

- the bones are region
- the parenting is ok (i think)

but it seems some layers are connected to the bones and some aren't

Only one layer with 2 bones attached works (one of the legs) ... the body/chest has two bones but doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Genete

Post by Genete »

A quick way to solve the mess you have there:

1) For each vector layer: Select all the points of the layer and make them flexibind (Menu->Bone->Flexi-Bind Points)
2) Foe each layer: Select the layer and select the BInd layer tool. Then make a click in the main window at a place where there are not any bone. It would release the layer from the point.
3) Once you do that, then using Off set tool (at frame 0) place the bones to the correct place in the skeleton. Place the origin of rotation. The rotation can be arranged during animation at frame 1. When off set the bones the points would follow.
4) Test the skeleton using Manipulate bones tool.

For future setups try to group more shapes in one single layer. It would make things easier to do.

-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

For future setups try to group more shapes in one single layer. It would make things easier to do.
What I do when I need to have multiple layers for many shapes is to draw on ONE layer first. I will often draw the entire character on one layer then I will split it up by duplicating the layer and deleting shapes as needed.

This maintains a perfect relationship for rotations and position. Everything starts from the original layer. Duplicating that layer to create multiple layers gurantees everything is in the correct spot (layer origin point, center of rotation etc.)

This works well especially if I have already bound points to certain bones. Duplicating the vector layer retains any point binding.

-vern