Upcoming update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

Post by ulrik »

heyvern wrote:Yes,

Mac version fixes all the image importing issues. Installed it last night. Image sequence... textures... etc.

-vern
If you have the mac version and you want to import image sequenses, or use the texture fx, like heyvern says, there is a point to install it I think.
cribble

Post by cribble »

really? that sucks. Does it open saved files properly, instead of going to the initial "blank" (or that anime character) document?
--Scott
cribble.net
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Here's the scoop:

This update has NO NEW FEATURES. It basically fixes a few things. Specifically for the Mac regarding images and sound import... so technically on the Mac version... uh... those WOULD be new features. ;)

I have no idea if there were any issues on the PC side but this is a MUST HAVE update for us Mac folk... I have to put on a different hat when I use my Windows version of ASP.

The new features Mike mentioned will obviously be coming in a later update. I was confused as well and thought that this update was going to include the new features. It should come soon I would think, if these features were shown at Siggraph... maybe they weren't... what do I know. ;)

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

cribble wrote:really? that sucks. Does it open saved files properly, instead of going to the initial "blank" (or that anime character) document?
EDIT:
Yes the file open by double clicking works now even when there is a startup file.

I never had opening and saving issues. If you don't want the default file on launch delete it from the Startup folder in the application directory.

You can also create a default AS "template" that loads on launch by checking the "Stationary Pad" check box in the "get info" or locking the AS file you place in the startup folder.

When you save, it will automatically do a save as leaving the original startup file untouched.

So create a blank document with all the settings you like to use and make it a template or a read only file.

Works a treat, as the British would say. ;)

I think this works on Windows as well. Haven't tested it yet.

p.s. Make sure you name the file StartupFile.anme :oops:

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Well... I am a bit scared at the moment.

Is anyone else who uses a lot of custom tools noticing that some of them don't work anymore with the latest update?

Genete, your bound point tools have stopped working for me.

Also fazek's bone re-parenting tool doesn't work properly either.

I just would like some confirmation before I jump to any conclusions.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

heyvern wrote:Well... I am a bit scared at the moment.

Is anyone else who uses a lot of custom tools noticing that some of them don't work anymore with the latest update?

Genete, your bound point tools have stopped working for me.

Also fazek's bone re-parenting tool doesn't work properly either.

I just would like some confirmation before I jump to any conclusions.

-vern
Hi
If you look to the code of the bound tools they are so simple. Just test if the point's value fParent is -2, -1 or greater than 0 and select it or not. Please check it out carefully becasue if it is confirmed then it seems something has changed in the internal moho API. You can check out and/or modify the scripts to see what's happening...
Is it for Mac or for Windows?
It is supposed I have the same update for linux than the current update for Win and Mac (some bugs fixed) and I don't have problems with those new scripts...
I have no Mac or Win machine to test.
-G
cribble

Post by cribble »

heyvern wrote:
cribble wrote:really? that sucks. Does it open saved files properly, instead of going to the initial "blank" (or that anime character) document?
EDIT:
Yes the file open by double clicking works now even when there is a startup file.

ARRGHHHH! :D

Us mac people actually got a treat. Thank you Mike....
--Scott
cribble.net
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I'm experiencing what heyvern mentioned about fazek's tools.
How do I go about re installing on a iMac?
Thought I just place folders in parent folder but no, doesn't work.....

Cribble, I like the new avitar (looks like snoopy to me)
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It could be I messed up my whole scripts folder but I'm not sure.

I may need to "start from scratch"... reinstall the update and then add the tools in by hand to make sure I'm not overwriting anything.

The odd thing is that my tool layout text file was all messed up as well.... I must have done something wrong somewhere.

It does mean though that something has changed in the scripting access. In the past I just dropped the tools in and they worked fine.

I am also experiencing some odd... behavior with the update... crashing and slow downs. I suppose it could be related to the tool scripts. I may just switch back to Moho... it still works great and is what I was using on this current project.

These custom tools are very very important to a lot of users. I hope they let us know soon what the scoop is. If anything has changed.

So far all my custom layer scripts still work great. I'm hoping this is just a result of user error on my part. ;)

-vern
cribble

Post by cribble »

ingie01 wrote: Cribble, I like the new avitar (looks like snoopy to me)
Ha, i'm flying an invisible airplane... IN MY HEAD!!!

I also wore them at a recent gig... pain in the ass, they kept falling infront of my face!

--Scott
cribble.net
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

Fly baby fly.

Gustavo
Genete

Post by Genete »

heyvern wrote:It could be I messed up my whole scripts folder but I'm not sure.

I may need to "start from scratch"... reinstall the update and then add the tools in by hand to make sure I'm not overwriting anything.

The odd thing is that my tool layout text file was all messed up as well.... I must have done something wrong somewhere.

It does mean though that something has changed in the scripting access. In the past I just dropped the tools in and they worked fine.

I am also experiencing some odd... behavior with the update... crashing and slow downs. I suppose it could be related to the tool scripts. I may just switch back to Moho... it still works great and is what I was using on this current project.

These custom tools are very very important to a lot of users. I hope they let us know soon what the scoop is. If anything has changed.

So far all my custom layer scripts still work great. I'm hoping this is just a result of user error on my part. ;)

-vern
Remember that Fazek's tools have a utilities file in the scripts/utils folder that must be installed together the main script tools. If not they wouldn't work.

I have noticed that It is not possible to remove completely the LM tools from the palette due that the Moho kernel test if some LM tools exists in the the tools folder due and that to the Moho interface complains if they aren't.
Also some of the tools need some internal variables form the other tools so I am having lua errors when I renamed the original LM script files with other extension than lua. The best choice is drop fazek's tools and modify the _tool_list.txt file to our needs and not touch the original LM files set.

It is a pity that LM don't implement the great benefits into the original tools for the next release. It would make the life easier...
-G
Touched

Post by Touched »

I moved all the original LM tools that I wasn't using into the "utility" folder, so it would still be found by the code that checks for it, but it won't show up on the tools palette.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

ok, now I am getting scared. I am very new to the mac and I don't want to screw any thing up. I have mac support should I call them???
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Touched wrote:I moved all the original LM tools that I wasn't using into the "utility" folder, so it would still be found by the code that checks for it, but it won't show up on the tools palette.
Yeehaa! Great tip.

Yes this is very worrisome to me. So instead of giving us more and better scripting access they mess up what was already working?

It could be something very simple needs to be done to the custom tools scripts and we just don't know what it is yet.
ok, now I am getting scared. I am very new to the mac and I don't want to screw any thing up. I have mac support should I call them???
Uh... don't call Apple. Don't worry. Nothing to be scared of. Just make a backup on your hard drive somewhere of your entire scripts folder before doing anything.

Oddly enough... I think that some of my custom scripts or tools in the scripts folder weren't touched by the update. Could it be that the update doesn't touch files that already existed?

-vern