My second learn to draw with AS book (suite)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

p6r

My second learn to draw with AS book (suite)

Post by p6r »

I work on the second book to learn to draw with Anime Studio : <<Advanced drawings>> !

The simple technique from the first book will be (re)used to improve the drawings with some tricks and thanks to the way AS works.

Here is a screenshot to see the evolution of this "famous" character from book 1 :

6R
Last edited by p6r on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

Where can I find the first one?
marcotronic

Post by marcotronic »

MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

I wish products details would be more.... detailed. :(

How many pages in which page format?

BTw. thanks Marco for the link.
p6r

Post by p6r »

I'm the author...
Look at this webpage to "read" the demo book :

http://www.cartoon6r.com/flipbooks/flip ... mplate.htm

6R
MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

How many pages does this book have and in which page format is it when I print it?
Mohlar

Post by Mohlar »

Mmmm - might be interesting, but having flipped through those pages that are visible, and seen a few references to AS controls and features, I'm unsure whether this is first-and-foremost a book about drawing and THEN a book about AS, or a book primarily about AS and it's drawing controls.

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the publication of Anime Studio: The Efrontier Official Guide (Paperback) by Kelly L. Murdock ?
Once, I saw myself in a mirror.
Or did I?
Touched

Post by Touched »

p6r stated originally his books are meant for kids to do fun drawing, though the techniques are also useful for adults. The Murdock book you mention seems to be intended as one of those thick, dense books like The Photoshop Bible (judging from the other books in the author's list), meant for power users. So, different audience.
toonertime

nice book

Post by toonertime »

I like your approach to your book!

One comment, sometimes you give an instruction, like
make the animation box bigger, but you don't tell how.

Or putting shapes behind other shapes, without saying
how to do it. I guess I am wondering, if this is for
kids, how much do you expect them to understand
about AS when reading your book?
p6r

Post by p6r »

@ Touched :
Thanks for the answer because you have explained it better than me, in english !!! ;o)

@ Toonertime :
For the general use of AS, kids or adults have the very good help file included in the software ! It is not my aim...
I think each father or mother will show the child how to use the program at the beginning... Then the kid will imitate and want to draw his own characters; here my book can be useful !?!

Note : It's only a book to buy if people want it or not to buy if they don't want it... The book exists ! That's all !!! People are FREE to use it or not... to find it good or not... No problem for me !!! :wink:

It already was a real pleasure for me to make it !!! I have written a book, a drawing book ! It was not so easy to do because I had to think to the concept then I permanently had to modify things, to find the drawings to explain something and so on... All creators know it's hard and wonderful at the same time : So is CREATION !!!

Then to publish it is another piece of cake : You offer your "baby" to the critics !!! It's life !
An author has to accept people who like his creation or people who think it's bad... or unuseful ! Don't worry... Be happy... 8)

The most important thing for all creators is to think:
I MADE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6R
Genete

Post by Genete »

The most important thing for all creators is to think:
I MADE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and for that I say: Congratulations!
-G
p6r

Post by p6r »

Here is the result of the technique I have created for this second book to make <<advanced drawings>> in any directions, with a more cartoon style... on a very easy way too :

6R