Upcoming update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thank you Mike! So good to have a non-corporate ally.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Does the path editing work with the camera too? These new features are awesome. :wink:
Samb

Post by Samb »

oh my god, all of our dreamcs comes true :D

but two questions:
will be the depth sorting in particles improved?
sometimes, particle that are far away will be rendered infront of a near particle.

and second:
can we now select two bones and move them together around?
Yesterday, it was really wierd because I never tried to move to bones at the same time with the "move bones" tool. maybe because it's disabled when you select more than one bone :/
Genete

Post by Genete »

Samb wrote:oh my god, all of our dreamcs comes true :D

but two questions:
will be the depth sorting in particles improved?
sometimes, particle that are far away will be rendered infront of a near particle.

and second:
Yesterday, it was really wierd because I never tried to move to bones at the same time with the "move bones" tool. maybe because it's disabled when you select more than one bone :/
Try to use translate points/bones tool from fazek's replacement tools. Look in Scripting forum under sticky.
-G
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I found that already working. I selected all bones in a layer (three, because it was just a leg) and used the Manipulate Bones tool (z). The bones kept their relative angles to each other - very interesting effect.
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Are you sure? I can't find a way to make that happen.

If I select more than one bone, the instant I click with the Manipulate Bones tool, only one bone is selected.

It may be that you are dragging the thigh bone, in your leg example. All the child bones move with it, keeping their relative angle... but I bet you knew that, so I'm wondering what's happening on your screen.

Puzzling.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

My mistake. I just tried it again: selected all 3 bones in the layer via cmd-a, then used the rotate bones tool.
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Weird. I tried it, and it's definitely different, though I don't know how I'd describe it. It's like all their angles are changing the same amount, but they aren't remaining the same relative to each other... it's just... weird.

http://www.mooncaine.net/rec-ctr-trng-t ... moving.mov

In that clip, you can see me using Manipulate tool, then doing Select All and using Rotate Bone, then back to Manipulate. Is that what's happening for you?
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

One thing I would like to see as well is for the actions window to open on start up with position and sized remembered. :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

thank you mike!, this features looks very useful. i have just one question about layer reordering.
can we move a layer which into a group outside of the group? in your sample, all layers was organized in groups and moved inside them, so no one hierarchy was broken.
blacksunproject

Wow!!!

Post by blacksunproject »

Bloody Hell!

When is this update available?
Is it free to Anime Studio 5.5pro users?

I await with great joy in my heart!!!

Gustavo
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

I wouldn't bet that the update is free.
It was generous to let old moho users get a free update to AS 5.5 Pro.

I hope the update will be under $100.- for AS Pro 5.5 users.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Mike says in his opening message that this update WILL be free. I agree, very generous if that is the case. These are some fantastic new features that take AS into another league altogether - especially the animateable layer ordering. Thanks Mike :D
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

AmigaMan wrote:Mike says in his opening message that this update WILL be free. I agree, very generous if that is the case. These are some fantastic new features that take AS into another league altogether - especially the animateable layer ordering. Thanks Mike :D
That is great news!
I love this program!

Gustavo
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I think I'm starting to see why this upcoming update is getting such a lukewarm reception. It doesn't address some of the core issues users are currently having with Anime Studio.

For me it's the whole Catch-22 situation with layers and shapes. Say you want one shape to mask out another, or you want to animate the shape order. Currently, the only way you can do this is to start putting different shapes on different layers. For one thing you can only do that if the shapes don't share points with other shapes in the layer, and another, it now becomes virtually impossible to properly fine-tune the animation as you have to edit the timeline of each layer separately!

What I would like to see is for the next update to address some of the issues raised in the top ten feature request thread. I never expected the upcoming update to address these issues, as the thread was only started a few months ago, but there's no reason the next one couldn't. I mean imagine if everyone's top feature request got implemented. That would certainly get a huge response and would be an update worth paying for.