Dinos dancing

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Freeline

Dinos dancing

Post by Freeline »

This was just an animationstyle-demo, for a tv-spot im working on now (with totally different content). So im able to show u this. All animation in ASP, Backrounds in combination of several Painting-Programms. It s low qualitiy, so dont care too much for the colors. In the original they are dancing in rhythm to a certain song, but I had to leave it out here. Hf!

http://trickscene.de/Animations/DT-QT5-so.mov
kevin

Post by kevin »

That's pretty cute.
Cartoon Tycoon

Post by Cartoon Tycoon »

Nice Work! :D
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

That's pretty cool, nice work. ;)
bartender

Post by bartender »

wow! very impressive, im interested to know how you were able to do those body turns so smoothly on that dancing dinosuar, is that straight point animation or did you create different model angles and use switch layers? Very nice work though!
Freeline

Post by Freeline »

Hi!
Right just back out of the late night-cinema from the Harry Potter 5-Movie im glad to see that u find this little clip nice. Thank u!
I just used only one model, namely the front view, and a typical Bone-System. I used no switch layer (in my eyes they seem to be more often a circumstance than a help for my prefered animation-methods, though i dont want to generalyze this). From the front-view u have all lines and points u need for all other possible views. The trick here is, that i "hide" the lines i need in the later seconds behind the the other thicker lines from beginning on (means in frame 0) and in rotating i just move them out. I think that is quite an easy solution. For sure i did not just let ASp interpolate straight movements, but i correct with the really coool magnificion-tool the inbetweenings to give it a more natural, believable movement (lol:"believable" Dino Dancings...I think u know what i mean). Sometimes i had to double some layers to hide and reveal bigger parts as e.g. a whole arm.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

very nicely done! please if you find the time, document your technique (on a simple example) on the tips and techinques forum :)
Freeline

Post by Freeline »

Thx again! Now there r already two tutorials to show, but i guess u are more interested in this techniqque here;)
weejiweeg

Post by weejiweeg »

that was cool!
:)
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

That's nice work! It would be nice to see the technic your using for this, the turnaround is it point animation or...?
Well done! :D
Freeline

Post by Freeline »

Fine to hear that ;)
As already meantioned in my last post the technique is just Bone-System and Point-moving with the magnificion-tool. If time allows me, ill show the technique in a tutorial and put the link here.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

very very cool ;)