When will we have an update?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

When will we have an update?

Post by rylleman »

We've been told that there are an update coming for months now, last notice was that it was pushed back to mid june. we are now in mid july and there are still no update.
I must say I'm very dissapointed at E-frontier.
Apart from changing the name to the utterly stupid Anime Studio and throwing in 100$ worth of quite useless japanese-looking clip-art the software is pretty much the same as version 5.4 of Moho released more than a year ago by Lost Marble.
There are a lot of more or less serious bugs posted in this forum that we users have, in vain, been waiting for to be fixed.
Are there any future to Moho, sorry, Anime Studio, or have you people at E-frontier abandoned development?
Is it wise for us users to keep on using your software for our projects or should we turn to other softwares that are reliable in bug fixes and updates?
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I don't think AS/Moho will get the updates as quickly as they use to come anymore. Bigger software companies seem to be much slower at releasing updates then independent developers. For what reason I'm not quite sure. But I'm happy with AS/Moho's current state. Other then the bugs that need to be fixed which might be more needed depending on which OS version you are using. I hope we see something soon myself.
Postality

Post by Postality »

I was told by Fahim that it would be released "next week"

This was last week friday I believe, or sometime during the weekend.

In any-case it should be released in the next day or two if they're speaking the truth about it being ready.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
muuvist

Post by muuvist »

I agree with Rylleman, the OSX version has some very basic bugs that should have been fixed months ago. Two examples are that it can't load an image sequence or import a texture: problems like this should not exist in a mature application. Come on E-frontier get your act together, ASP pro could be a serious contender in the professional production environment.