New Mouth shapes

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

lostbear

New Mouth shapes

Post by lostbear »

this might sound completly dumb, but how do i use my own mouth shapes?? i know its possible coz in the docs there is a mouth set called Preston Blair which isnt in the released papaygo. HeLP!!!!

Cheers,
LostBear
lostbear

My Bad

Post by lostbear »

ok...i poked around a bit and discoverd that mouth shapes are simply single jpegs in a directory inside papygo.....go figure.

why is this not covered in papygos documentation?

LostBear
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

You might find if you replace or alter the library that it generates an error message. This is not disasterous as the program seems to function correctly despite the bug.

Personally, having the ability to use your own characters is much better as no two character have the same mouth shapes. Having a different "etc" can make a big different to the appearance of the lip-sync ... with some characters, it appears to be too great a jump from the AI E and O positions.

Perhaps we should be experimenting more with the self-generated libraries.

Rhoel
REELFUNNY

Post by REELFUNNY »

LOSTBEAR...I'M VERY NEW TO PAPAGAYO. WHERE IN PAPAGAYO DID YOU FIND THE JPEGS TO USE YOUR OWN MOUTHS? I'VE SEARCHED AND CAN'T FIND A FOLDER. THANKS!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

In the Papagayo application folder there is a folder called "Mouths". Inside are folders that contain the jpgs for the mouths.

Just create your own folder of mouth shapes and place it in there.

-vern
REELFUNNY

Post by REELFUNNY »

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, HEYVERN. I CHECK OUT THE PAPAGAYO APS FOLDER AGAIN, BUT THERE IS NO FOLDER FOR MOUTHS. THE ONLY THING IN THERE IS AN ANIME APPLICATION CALLED MOUTHS. WHEN I PULL THAT UP IT JUST GOES INTO ANIME.

DO YOU THINK MAYBE I DOWNLOADED AN OLD VERSION? (I DOWNLOADED FROM A LINK IN ANIME HELP) AND MAYBE I DON'T HAVE THE VERSION WITH THAT MOUTHS FOLDER?

***UPDATE*** NO, I TRIED DOWNLOADING AGAIN (VER 1.2) AND NO
JPEG FOLDER.....HUH...THAT'S STRANGE

ANY IDEAS?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The "Mouths.moho" "file" is an AS/Moho document file not a folder or an application. It has actual mouth examples for use in Anime Studio.

There has to be a folder somewhere called "Mouths".

In side should be 3 folders of the mouth examples. Those folders contain the jpg files.

P.S. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!!!!

-vern
REELFUNNY

Post by REELFUNNY »

hi, heyvern. i got used to typing in caps when i used to have a real job.

i'm beginning to get the impression that the windows download (that looks like what you run) has a lot more stuff than the mac. here's what my papa window looks like:http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/img/screen1.jpg

the menu has file, edit, help and that's about it...nothing like what your's looks like. the papa folder has the mouths.moho, papa app, and a tuts folder with no jpg file...it would appear mac just doesn't get all the extra stuff...but that doesn't make any sense either. why would mac not?
thanks
myles

Post by myles »

Vern's screenshot is taken from Windows Explorer, the equivalent of the Mac's Finder (or something like that, I've never used a Mac myself), not from Papagayo, so you can see the files and folders.

There is a possibility the Mac version may put the mouths folder somewhere else, not necessarily in the Apps folder.
They have to be there somewhere, or you wouldn't be seeing the mouth(s) on the right-hand side of the Papagayo window.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
REELFUNNY

Post by REELFUNNY »

hello again myles...thanks for your help

i agree that papa must be referencing a file somewhere, otherwise the mouth wouldn't show up in papa....but i have thoroughly searched my hard drive, and can't find anything. i've searched using mouth, mouth 1, mou, etc etc,

i've also physically searched w/no results. it's the strangest thing

i wonder if papa's referencing a file not on my computer, like i think anime studio does with backgrounds. i can get backgrounds, but i see no file folder for backgrounds.

any mac users out there?....
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I use the Mac version as well.... the screen shot is of the APPLICATION FOLDER not of the application.

You can't change the mouths or add new ones in the application. You add them to the MOUTHS FOLDER on the hard drive then open papagayo and you have a new mouth to use.

As mentioned earlier there will be an error but just ignore it and it works fine.

-vern

EDIT:

All that "extra" stuff in the win version is inside the Mac version. It is in the Mac application "package" instead of in the application folder.
Last edited by heyvern on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you are running the Mac as a limited user I am pretty sure the applications and applications folder may NOT be searchable and will not be changeable. You need to be an administrator to have access to the applications folder.

This could be why you can't find this folder. It is in the Papagayo folder in the applications folder. I am guessing.

If Papagayo works, and you see the 3 choices for the mouths in it... then the mouths folder ABSOLUTELY is on your hard drive SOMEWHERE... it has to be.

EDIT:

Your screen shot is of the Win version... you say you are using Mac? I'm really confused now.

Never mind. that is the image from the help.

-vern
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Using Anime Studio Pro / OSX 10.4.10

Open the Papagayo-folder and control-click the “Papagayo.app” /
open “Show Package Contents” /
open the Content-folder /
open the Resource-folder /
open the mouth-folder /
here are the 3 default mouth-shapes-folder.

Cheers
Nolan
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

That's weird.

So on Tiger it installs differently than on Panther? Was there a new version for Tiger?

-vern
myles

Post by myles »

REELFUNNY wrote:i've searched using mouth, mouth 1, mou, etc
Ah, well, that's because the mouth image filenames match the phonemes/visemes - AI.jpg, MBP.jpg, etc.
REELFUNNY wrote:i wonder if papa's referencing a file not on my computer, like i think anime studio does with backgrounds. i can get backgrounds, but i see no file folder for backgrounds.
If you're referring to the Import menu that opens up an Insert Object dialog box for inserting backgrounds (Arch, Moonscape, etc), those backgrounds are just layers in a single Backgrounds.anme file in the Library folder. Using vector-based layers means they scale to any size, and keeping them all in a single file makes it convenient to maintain and use.
No image files involved, no file folder required.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx