Moving Objects

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jovulichus

Moving Objects

Post by jovulichus »

I am not sure if this post goes here but here i go.

I drew some objects in a same layer. I want to know how can i move this objects in the same layer without drawing in them in different ones. And by moving them i mean for example,

Object one is a face and Object 2 are the eyes. Object two goes in front of Object one. Can i do this in this program? Thx in advance
Genete

Post by Genete »

Tips:
Construction is done at frame 0.
During construction you can raise or lower shapes with the up and down arrows in the draw palette or the corresponding menu commands.
If you want to animate the objects in depth in other frames than 0, you have to check the "sort layers by depth" check box in the layer properties and also in the project properties. Then animate the layers with the Translate layer menu tool.

For further information please read the built in help and do all the tutorials.

Welcome.
Best
Genete
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have a trick I use if the shapes are separate meshes.

Let's say object 1 is a complete separate shape from object 2 but it is underneath object 2.

Select object 1 and "cut" it (CTRL + X). Then paste it (CTRL + V).

This pastes the object on top of everything. It also preserves any point animation since copying the points copies point motion as well. I use this A LOT. It is a fast and easy way to change the order of shapes.

This won't work if the shapes share points or vectors.

It works with switch layers set for interpolation if you are VERY CAREFUL AND METHODICAL. You must copy and paste each shape in exactly the same order for each layer in a switch to maintain the proper order of the point IDs in AS.

-vern